Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Business as Usual (Read 35 times)

LRB

Good morning.

It's raining but I am going to drive to work and run there to find a window to run within it. It's funny how runners are real good at tracking rain cells and interpreting satellites and shit.

Anyway, my legs are not all that thrilled with this morning's plans so I'll be taking it real fuckin' slow easy today.

What's up?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Nothing for me.  Yesterday I got a call from the Dr's office clearing me to use an elliptical.  I almost did this morning,  but went back to sleep.

Maybe tomorrow.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Back at the office, ugh. 7 miles tonight.

LRB, hope you found your window.

PR, glad that you can at least use that for now. Hoping the doctor rushes your appointment.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Morning,

We'll be getting your stupid rain in the next few days. Forecast is an inch or rain today.

I'll be running on the indoor track today. My legs are tired from running easy? They'll just have to suck it up. 5 miles with speed work on the menu.

No more marathons

three sets of 4 X 400 at 5K race pace.  1 minute between intervals, 3 minutes between sets.

Should be interesting.

LRB - hope you have better luck at finding your window than I did yesterday.

PR - sux

DR - yeah, Miami.

Cyber - indoor track would be nice as long as you don't get too dizzy running in circles.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I really wish I could find this online. DH's Men's Health magazine has a 4 week 5k training plan to go from 30 to 24 minutes. Yea, that's realistic.

Can you guys keep your rain? TYVM

delicate flower

Hiya fellers!  Masters swim done.  2700 yards, and a pretty good workout as these things go.  Spin session after work.

I'll be in all day software demo meetings the next two days.  Ugh, shoot me.  I guess the good thing is I won't have to actually work for the next two days...just sit there like a slug on a rock.

<3

LRB

7.3 done with 10 strides. It was pretty much a miserable run from beginning to end, and all points in between. lol

With all the rain, it was worm city out there. Some of them shits were so big that I could see them moving as I approached!

Zelanie

Morning!  I'm still here, plugging along.  The Monday trail group went up and over the steep part of the hill last night.  That's the first time since the mud kept us out of there in the fall.  There are a ton of lilies and trillium blooming up there right now.

From the Internet.

I did 8 this morning. Maybe a couple more this afternoon. 8-10x800 on the track tomorrow.

Home with a sick kid yesterday (ear infection, 10 days of antibiotics!), and today I feel sliiiightly dizzy. Ugh. I really hope this doesn't turn into anything! D: Early dinner and super early bedtime tonight just in case - kill it with sleep!!

LRB

I did 8 this morning. Maybe a couple more this afternoon. 8-10x800 on the track tomorrow.

Interesting. What's your target pace/effort?

I didn't really do a lot of 800s with Daniels. I think the Hansons had them (the only other book I have) but that's that marathon shit.

LRB

Morning!  I'm still here, plugging along.  The Monday trail group went up and over the steep part of the hill last night.  That's the first time since the mud kept us out of there in the fall.  There are a ton of lilies and trillium blooming up there right now.

You get some pretty good pics from that route, and crazy elevation profiles! Despite the warm weather we've had, I haven't seen shit for flowers around these parts.

LRB

I really wish I could find this online. DH's Men's Health magazine has a 4 week 5k training plan to go from 30 to 24 minutes. Yea, that's realistic.

Can you guys keep your rain? TYVM

Rain in April is a virtue. 

You ever run a mile all out? You should try it. 👍👍

LRB

three sets of 4 X 400 at 5K race pace.  1 minute between intervals, 3 minutes between sets.

Should be interesting.

LRB - hope you have better luck at finding your window than I did yesterday.

PR - sux

DR - yeah, Miami.

Cyber - indoor track would be nice as long as you don't get too dizzy running in circles.

I'm guessing you're gonna kill that workout.

LRB

My hamstrings and calves are tight as hell and fried. I've got a 6:15 with Mary to get them rubbed out. I probably should get a foam roller for that, but the one time I tried it, it bored the crap out of me.