Beginners and Beyond

Wide Awake Wednesday Penguins (Read 8 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!  I'm up early again to beat the heat.  Today I'll run, do some laundry, and then check out 9 houses for sale.  It should be fun :-P

What's everyone got on planned for today?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

Running RD for me and gym after work.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

'Morning PAD and Jill.

Glad the news is good Docket.

Short run for us on the bike path.  looks like rest of the week will be inside on the track.

Stay cool.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Well, I just had my annual lab safety assessment, and once again, I am safe.  Need to update some paperwork to comply with OSHA stuff, but other than that, I'm good!!  Now I have a million more things to do today (and it's only the third day of 10 that my tech will be out), and then quartet rehearsal tonight!!

Jill -- Enjoy the run and the house hunting!  Sometimes the houses give you ideas of what you want, and sometimes they make you wonder who could ever design such a ridiculous place!

PAD -- enjoy the RD and gym!!

Jerryb -- Woo-hoo for the short bike path run!!

Docket -- glad to hear hubby is doing well!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.