Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies (Read 22 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

RD for me today, but off to get my second Pfizer dose.

In other news, the 212 miles I logged this month is my highest ever total for 1 month and only the 5th time I've hit 200 miles in a month.  I feel kinda good about that.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Docket_Rocket

Good luck!

I will have run at the end of this month, the lowest mileage month in more than a year.

I have 4 and weights and a Covid test with the city to make sure I didn't bring any cooties on my trip (including the variants in FL where I had to stop twice).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

this month

Ooh, it’s down to the wire!

3 DavePNW 286.79 mi  
        4 onemile 285.98 mi

Dave

onemile

Ooh, it’s down to the wire!

3 DavePNW 286.79 mi  
          4 onemile 285.98 mi

I am planning to run 14 with 6x2k. Wanna join me? 

Time for the forum to play Choose My Marathon. 
            Both are driving distance but requiring an overnight stay.

I’m running a half on 5/1.

Willamette Valley Marathon - 5/23, 8:00 start

Avg temp: low 43, high 69, mean 57

# runners, 2015-2019: 32, 40, 13(?), 87, 109

Course profile (out & back)

North Olympic Discovery Marathon - 6/6, 7:30 start

Avg temp: low 49, high 65, mean 57

# runners, 2015-2019: 260, 264, 287, 225, 264

Course profile (point to point):

Dave

onemile

Time for the forum to play Choose My Marathon. 
              Both are driving distance but requiring an overnight stay.

Willamette Valley Marathon - 5/23, 8:00 start

Avg temp: low 43, high 69, mean 57

# runners, 2015-2019: 32, 40, 13(?), 87, 109

Course profile (out & back)

North Olympic Discovery Marathon - 6/6, 7:30 start

Avg temp: low 49, high 65, mean 57

# runners, 2015-2019: 260, 264, 287, 225, 264

Course profile (point to point):

Wait. You are running a marathon?? 

I am going with option#1. it calls itself a flat and fast course (the elevation change looks less than #1) and the route appears to be more shaded vs out in the open.  Although I prefer a point to point to an out and back, I think #1 seems faster.

Wait. You are running a marathon?? 

Maybe? Is it shocking? Are you saying I’m so out of shape that I shouldn’t even think about it?

As soon as I got my vaccination schedule (#2 on 4/19), I started to get interested, and thinking why wait till fall if there are any late spring opportunities left. Both races are supposedly live in-person, for now.

Dave

onemile

Maybe? Is it shocking? Are you saying I’m so out of shape that I shouldn’t even think about it?

As soon as I got my vaccination schedule (#2 on 4/19), I started to get interested, and thinking why wait till fall if there are any late spring opportunities left. Both races are supposedly live in-person, for now.

Well, you did run a 20, so you probably can finish it 

I am planning to run 14 with 6x2k. Wanna join me? 

NO THANKS. I plan some 2k’s today, but not that many. You should finish at exactly 14 so you are at 299.98. Looks like you will squeak out the victory anyway.

Dave

onemile

NO THANKS. I plan some 2k’s today, but not that many. You should finish at exactly 14 so you are at 299.98. Looks like you will squeak out the victory anyway.

well fuck, now I have to run 14.02 

the sadist wants to have me do 8x2k at some point

Well, you did run a 20, so you probably can finish it 

That was my philosophy for my first marathon, and THAT worked out well. Seriously I’ll be trained reasonably enough, but IDK about PR.

Dave

onemile

That was my philosophy for my first marathon, and THAT worked out well. Seriously I’ll be trained reasonably enough, but IDK about PR.

it will be fun to have someone to marathon track/stalk again!

With your huge jump in mileage last year you might very well have improved your endurance to get a PR

Cyberic

Assie Quarters inspired run uphill, with a varying grade depending on where I'm at, so pace was useless and had to do the workout solely on effort, which is fine with me! It was 8 x (400m hardish-200m moderate). Can't provide any more numbers than that. oh yes, I can, I ran 10 miles total.

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 easy miles this morning before the rain comes.

DavePNW, I think option 1 looks better, although I'd want clarification about the 95% paved. I also think that race 2 is a risky event to pull off in covid times due to the buses required for the point to point course.

delicate flower

'Morning!  13 miles of virtual races the past three days have left my legs a little tired.  I did a 75 minute recovery spin on the bike trainer this morning and will go for an easy lunch jog before some heavy rain arrives.

DavePNW, I think option 1 looks better, although I'd want clarification about the 95% paved. 

I agree with option 1, though with a field that small, plan on it being a mostly solo endeavor.

As far as the 95% paved, when I ran the Anchorage Marathon, eight miles of it were through a military installation on uphill gravel roads.  Oof.    I am still holding off on registering for anything until shot #2 is in my arm, although I am planning a HM on 5/22.

<3