Beginners and Beyond

Equalizer Run RR (Read 54 times)

RabbitChaser

What: Equalizer Run
    When: October 26, 2013
    Where: Des Moines, IA
    Distance: Whatever is covered within 24 hours
    Goals: A) 50 miles
                B) 43 miles (distance covered last year)
                C) 26.2 miles (minimum for the hoodie)
    Final Distance: 50.5 miles

I had a blast at this event, even though I was in pain at times. If you want to read the full RR, follow the link below:

http://ericsrunningadventures.blogspot.com/2013/10/equalizer-run-rr.html

It's a bit long and probably kind of jumbled, but I hope you enjoy it if you read it.

Eric

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

Great job, Eric!!  I enjoyed your report, and am so glad things came together for you despite the hiccups along the way. Hopefully I can make it next year.

Relentless forward progress

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Enjoyed the report even as I winced on occasion. Hope you heal and the pains go away soon.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Congrats Eric on finding the strength very late in the event meet your goal.  It's amazing what a little adrenalin can do at 23 1/2 hours in.  Nice work.  And new shirts, eating food you've never eaten before, cool stuff!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

delicate flower

Damn...you did a 50K, then a week later did a 50 miler?  That is insane.

Congrats on hitting your goal!  Sounds like you had all sorts of aches and pains to deal with but you battled well.

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

That is just awesome! I like how you were "in pain at times." I would be in pain the entire time!! Well done.

happylily

Bravo, Eric! You're becoming such a rock star, here, and what an incredible goal to achieve! Loved the pictures. You always do such cool events... Thanks for sharing with us!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

Great accomplishment! I still can't believe you ran this a week after a 50K! Also, I did not know about your fall. Even more impressive! 

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

RabbitChaser

LD - Thanks! If you make it next year, you'll definitely have fun.

George - Thanks! I feel recovered now, even though I know I'm not fully recovered. I haven't had any pain in the last couple of days.

Van - Thanks! Adrenaline is definitely an amazing thing.

Baboon - Thanks! It was quite the journey, but a rewarding one nonetheless.

Jack - Thanks! I was in pain probably a third of the time. Smile

lily - Thanks! It's taken many years, but I think my running is finally coming together.

RB - Thanks! Now where is your RR? Inquiring minds want to know. Smile

Dad on the run.

Dude, sucks about the pain but at least you managed to hit your goal! For the guy who did 118 miles in 24 hours... that's nuts. Keep up the awesomeness!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

StepbyStep-SH

I think I've said it a couple other places, but again - Great job! It's amazing what the body can do when you dig deep at the end because a goal is so close you can taste it (or was that the Chipotle?). Either way, awesomeness! I think stopping and restarting would be almost as tough as just keeping going, so my hat is off to you for getting back out there after each break!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Runny_babbit

hop, hop, hop...

I suppose I should write something up, huh? Especially since I didn't do a RR last year...

MM #8764 / HF #6535 / Double Agent #668

PRs: 5K - 27:43, 10K - 57:14, HM - 2:06:18, FM - 5:22:42

~How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were supposed to be?~

StepbyStep-SH

I suppose I should write something up, huh? Especially since I didn't do a RR last year...

Yes .... we're wai-ting!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

SheCan

YOu did great!  I can't believe you reached your goal in those final minutes like that.  It's just like in a movie.  Love the pictures of the rainbow bridge-- how pretty.  You'll do fantastic in your upcoming ultra season I'm sure.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

RabbitChaser

jblackjr - Thanks!

Step - Thanks! It was definitely tough to get back out there. Each time it took a little bit longer for my legs to get "warmed up." The goal or Chipotle, that is the question. Big grin

RB - Yep. I know that you said you would, there is NO backing out. Big grin

Cherie - Thanks! The main thing this run did was give me a little confidence for my ultras next year. I now know I'll be able to train for them.

Eric