Beginners and Beyond

Work Release FriDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

One shift and done people. Don't forget to turn those heaters off under your desk before you leave for the weekend.

oldfartrunner

Looks like you beat my by 1 min LRB. Smile Wish there was a way to delete and old post for when we double post. Sad

4 on tap for me later with strides. Snowing down on the Gulf coast of Texas now!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I might go for a walk in the woods this afternoon.

OFR - I'm not quite ready to intimidate my competitors yet (but that suit may make an awesome Halloween costume!).  In any case, I'm already quaking in my boots from --> This Guy

LRB - No office space heater for me, but would I really be sad if the office building burned down over the weekend?  Hmm....

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LRB

It was 19 with a wind chill of 7 when I took off for my run this morning, which meant it was time for my Garmin to act like a complete ass and it was more than happy to oblige.

I actually had forgotten all about it, but the screen freezes at miles splits when the battery is less than 30% charged when it's super cold out. It happened after mile 2 today but I didn't notice it was off until some time into mile 3 when I didn't hear it or feel it vibrate (I normally don't look at it when running easy). I was on a new route so I had no idea where I was distance-wise. Anyway, it happened again at mile 4, then at mile 5 it refused to come back on again. POS. I got it to come on when I got back to the starting point so I could have a reference point on the distance. I'll try to figure it all out later using map my run or the tracker on GC.

TL - DR: My 630 blows. I think I ran 7.3 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Pilates and weights for me and that's it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Why, will the building burn down?

4.6 on the AlterG -- I not only slept through the night, I slept through my alarm.  I don't think that's happened since I was in high school, which just confirms that there is something seriously wrong with me.  And I only woke up because I was having a nightmare about a stress fracture.  For real.

Also: if you could choose any shoe by NB, which would it be?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

oldfartrunner

Berto: Oh yeah, G String Man!  I think that was at an Ultra down in the Phoenix area. Crazy Ultra runners.  They put marathoners to shame.

LRB: Oh, I remember them days of running in that in Mo!

Blue: That's easy: 1400V5. The upper is great, and now it has just enough cushion for longer races now, and it works on light trails too. Before it was only 13mm up front, now it's 15mm with nice traction. The only down side is the hole in the bottom can pick up rocks-if you go off road, but they usually pop out if you are running faster, and the wear is probably not that great. But it's a racer so can't expect much. Smile

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/New_Balance_1400_v5/descpage-N14V5W2.html

hog4life

Maybe a couple miles later this afternoon with one of our special needs riders. We need to do a “test fit” to make any needed adjustments. The temps are dropping and tomorrow’s starting temp is calling for 26! Not nearly as cold as LRB, but really cold for Bama!

delicate flower

I got a 10K tomorrow but there is six inches of snow in the forecast and I ain't driving 90 minutes round trip in that crap to run a slow, slippery race.  It'll be a judgement call in the morning.  If snow is not falling, it is ON.

2500 yard swim done before work.  Short run tonight.

<3

Why, will the building burn down?

Apparently, because they sent us a safety warning about this too.

5 miles, actually felt pretty good. Which is weird. Except I appear to have tweaked my back. It's always something.  #old

Dave

I got a 10K tomorrow but there is six inches of snow in the forecast and I ain't driving 90 minutes round trip in that crap to run a slow, slippery race.  It'll be a judgement call in the morning.  If snow is not falling, it is ON.

DNS pact?

Dave

oldfartrunner

2500 yard swim done before work.  Short run tonight.

Yeah, a guy Quick in Louisiana woke up to 3-4 " and has a Half tomorrow.  Probably be melted mostly, but still.

oldfartrunner

5 miles, actually felt pretty good. Which is weird. Except I appear to have tweaked my back. It's always something.  #old

I hear that!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Onemile - Awesome key chain and congrats! (I know a day late)

LM - Hope it's not a stress fracture.  I think I had a minor one in my foot while training for my first marathon.  Keep it easy for a bit and see.  I won't say how much I've thrown down the drain on DNS's, but enough to feed a family for a month..  Fingers crossed for you!

hog - Looks like a little improvement in temps for you this weekend.  Once you get going you should feel ok.

Baboon - IDK, I'd be tempted to run it even if it snows.  Time will suck for sure, but with your speed you'll probably place... AG for sure.

Dave - I regret not getting the extended power train warranty on my body.  Maybe it's the colder weather making our bones creaky.  Hope you feel better soon.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Half Crazy K 2.0

It may be that all the building contents, such as furniture and paper work, would get severely damaged if the sprinklers came on due to a fire. Especially if no one is around. Trust me, you do not want your heater or any other electric item to malfunction at work.