Beginners and Beyond

Ray of Sunshine MonDAILIES (Read 34 times)

Cyberic

Goooood morning Dailies! Glad I am alive and well to start yet another week.

How are you all, fine folks from across the Internet?

Cyberic

RD for me.

LRB

I might actually run today.

Gasp! STOP THE PRESS.

lol - I feel pretty good, which is saying a lot considering the misery of the past two or three weeks I've been dealing with.

LRB

I definitely want to get out there before ^ that thing burns me into a black ass briquette.

Cyberic

I feel pretty good, which is saying a lot considering the misery of the past two or three weeks I've been dealing with.

That's cool, Rick. Yesterday I ran at a brisk easy pace and today I have no pain in my foot. Running easy hurts me, and running very fast also hurts me

But I think I'm sloooowly getting better.

LRB

That's cool, Rick. Yesterday I ran at a brisk easy pace and today I have no pain in my foot. Running easy hurts me, and running very fast also hurts me

But I think I'm sloooowly getting better.

Have you considered taking a few days off before your ramp up, or are you just going to run through it?

Cyberic

Have you considered taking a few days off before your ramp up, or are you just going to run through it?

I am considering following the Hansons program's mileage progression, as I find it very smooth, rather than take a few days off and then jump into 60 mile weeks for 18 weeks. I'll see how that works out. Tomorrow I have my first workout of the cycle: 12 x 400 w/400, and then all easy running for the rest of the week, and no long run.

LRB

I am considering following the Hansons program's mileage progression, as I find it very smooth, rather than take a few days off and then jump into 60 mile weeks for 18 weeks. I'll see how that works out. Tomorrow I have my first workout of the cycle: 12 x 400 w/400, and then all easy running for the rest of the week, and no long run.

A man with a plan, awesome.

LRB

After all of that, I decided to run directly in the sun.

The thought there was seeing as how it was only a 4 mile run, I could use it as a method of continued acclimation. Well, that was the thought anyway, whether it works or not is another story.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I am sore from the race effort yesterday so my 18 will be interesting.  Glad I didn't run the 5K today (actual race) because it was feels like 90F at 8:30 and the race was at 7:30am.  Fuck that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 7.5 daylight miles.  I planned on 10, but got weaksauce when the sun started staring at me.  I'm headed to Cracker Barrel to eat all of the pancakes, then plan on being the laziest sob the world has ever seen.  Oh yeah, and drink maybe too much beer.

I hope everyone enjoys the day as much as I'm going too!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning everyone....

I now know why they call it Delayed-Onset-Muscle-Soreness, or DOMS................... my freaking calves man.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

I hope everyone enjoys the day as much as I'm going too!

Hopefully you'll enjoy yours better than I'll enjoy mine, as I'm working and if you don't have more fun than me today, you need to review how you spend your off days, my friend.

Cyberic

After all of that, I decided to run directly in the sun.

The thought there was seeing as how it was only a 4 mile run, I could use it as a method of continued acclimation. Well, that was the thought anyway, whether it works or not is another story.

It should work, IMO.

No more marathons

Sometimes a good run just happens.

Had no expectations today other than to get in 6 or so at what ever pace felt comfortable.

Had run 10 on Saturday which was my longest run since my HM at the end of April, and took Sunday as a rest day.

Only conscious effort I put in was to maintain pace on the two hills (about 80 to 100 foot climb) and the rest was just running comfortably but a little hard.

Ended up with my fastest paced (non race) of 6 miles or more in over a year.  Average HR was just over what would be in my easy/recovery range.

Go figure.  Must me the cooler temp of a morning run instead of my normal noon time.  And maybe finally recovered from the 5 races in 7 days.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!