Beginners and Beyond

Gobble Gobble Thursday Penguins! (Read 12 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Supposed to run 5 today but my calves hurt, my knees hurt, my quads hurt, and my glutes hurt.

Maybe later after I gobble, maybe not.

LRB

'Sup Pens.

Gobble 'til you wobble.

GinnyinPA

Rest day for me.  After Ben gets his walk, we'll head down to Maryland for dinner with the family.  I'll run tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good  Thanksgiving.

From the Internet.

I jogged 13.1 - to be honest, I jogged 12 and picked it up to a light struggle for the last 1.1 so I could finish solidly under 2 hours :P Not a race, just a run that was going to end near 13 miles anyway so why not have some fun with it.

Now for shower, breakfast, and heading out to the in-laws' house. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Thanksgiving Pens !!!

Thanksgiving dinner is at our house.  Only 9 this year, so lots of leftovers.

4.5 for us in the forest preserve.  DW must have been in a hurry to get back to the kitchen since we averaged 10:16 with some walk breaks.

Enjoy the Holiday Smile

ps:  Almost forgot...made my 1,200 mileage goal today.  Thankful !!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 6 miles tonight.  No Turkey Trot for me; I wasn't in the mood to race with 15K in this heat.  It is normally 20F cooler for that race so I didn't want to sweat.  

Happy Thanksgiving!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning pens!  Thankful for another year with all of you.  We are at my SILs, so probably just relaxing with family and then some gobbling to do.  Hope you're well!

Docket_Rocket

Hoping your piriformis is getting better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

3.37ish. About 2 at tempo but I forgot my inhaler so not really. I Need to get better about remembering my inhaler when I travel and such given my new plan is more than all easy running.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21)