Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies -Together we can do more! (Read 253 times)

B-Plus, great job on the 10.
    Gustav, absolutely. On RDs, I'm itching to run, even though I know that my body can't handle running seven days in a row.
    Dtothe2nd, nice run. Good luck tomorrow!
    Great run last night, SUSchnauzer. Thank you for reminding me that it's probably a good idea to invest in a pair or two of new running shoes. I've been running in the same shoes since early April.
    Rick, LOL!
    Have great runs, stupidlazydog, April, Baboon, RMTB, and David.
    Just abs for me todaySmile
    Nevrgivup

Popping in to say hi. For those that don't do FB, I saw a great PHYSIATRIST not PSYCHIATRIST lol yesterday. I'm going for an MRI in the near future to be sure there are no tears in the tendons or muscles of my groin ( he's still thinking groin pull) if not , I can start running again. Woot!! I can't wait to run. I've been a pretty good patient and have resisted it on a number of occasions, but Heidi has always made me think twice or so. Its Friday and I'm off, but its work all weekend for me. Baaaaah. 

Heidi you are a machine!! You will be qualifying like a friend of mine did for the Olympic trials someday. Mark my words. 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Morning All! Enough skiing for this week and going out for a run this morning, aiming for 6 ish miles.

Hoping for good runs for everyone, and, Step, ants on a log are a classic. Of course the kids will like them!

SUSchnauzer, is there a way to get the Garmin data to upload to RA at the same time it uploads to Garmin Connect, or do you go through the import training data in the tools section? I have managed to import all the old stuff from Garmin Connect.

Yes there is. Under the "Training Log" tab there is an "Upload GPS Data". From that tab click on the "Upload from GPS". Install the required software with the ANT stick plugged in. Now every time you upload the data from your watch, click on the "Upload from GPS" tab, and you will see your activity listed. Click on the "Save All" button, and you should be good to go. 

@runjerseygirl

OMG TGIF!

Finished Defending Jacob last night - EEK didn't see the end coming - recommended reading......

So what do you kids think?  Are we staying here?  No more RW?

Yep, I'm hanging around here.  

4 miles on tap for lunchtime.  Looking forward to burning off some energy.  

Do you even run?

Samurai in Training

I'm going to look at at new running spot after work.  They aren't as plentiful around here.  I miss the Cleveland Metroparks something fierce.  

Dr. Cornsitter

Four miles tonight after work. Dragging my sister's ass out into the cold to do it, too. Gonna try out my new gloves!

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

Pinktastic

Good Morning My RA Friends!!

B-Plus – Hope you have a safe trip back!

Weezer – Hope your run was awesome! Enjoy the time with the in-laws!

Gustav – If singing is the only cardio you can do at the moment, I say sing loud and proud!!

Dtothe2nd – Good luck in your race tomorrow!

SUS – Great run last night!

Baboon – What a speedy run last night! Glad to hear that your legs felt great after the not so energetic run the night before!

April – Running to look at Christmas lights? What a fantastic way to see them! I hope y'all have a great time!

RMTB – Holy carpe diem! That's one helluva lot of miles for a month!! Congrats to you!!

MBC – Thanks for the reading suggestion – I love a good book!

Basya – Just abs? Wow! That's a light day for you. Enjoy your day!

Nevr – That's great news! I know that you're dying to run and hopefully you'll be back out there in no time!!

Kay – Hope your 4 are fabulous!

Eddie – Good luck finding a spot! Hopefully you can find something that's Goldilocks perfect!

Beach – Have a fun run with your sister! I'm sure she'll appreciate it when it's over.

I have a 5K night run tonight - The Santa Scurry 5K which is preceded by a tree lighting and parade of lights.   I'm looking forward to it!!   I got out yesterday afternoon and did 3.25 miles.   My knee was better than it was over the weekend but definitely not great.   I'm not really sure what's up with it.  I've been rolling, stretching, etc.  and it hasn't made much progress.   Hopefully it will hold out for tonight's 5K and then for my HM on 12/9.   Fingers crossed! 

Have a wonderful Friday!   May your next run be the best one this week!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

sleepy

I love this one but I love this one most:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Travel day for me.  SRD too.  Off to the chiro to get a final adjustment, errands and airport.  Oh, and I have to work a bit before I get there.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

David: I hope the hour run and in-law visit goes well!  It will be nice to see them, I imagine!

Gustav: I too get antsy if I can't run!  I'm glad you have the cross-training - that's a great outlet.

B-Plus: bar and a special dinner?!??!  Sounds like fun - what's the occasion???

SUS: Very nice progressive run last night.  I'm glad you got the Garmin stuff figured out.  The log is really amazing, isn't it????  I figured out how to add custom chart labels last night to categorize my runs and create graphs showing my my pace for certain runs (i.e., LRs, MLRs, recovery runs, easy runs) over time.  SWEETNESS!

D2: GOOD LUCK in your race tomorrow!!!  I see a PR in your future!  I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Damaris: I hope the travel stuff goes well and that you get to Vegas no prob, with NO BREATHING PROBLEMS!  That is paramount! 

Shari: Have fun with the ants on the log making/run this AM!

Stupid Lazy:  Nice work on the 6!!!

Phil: What a great run!  You are in a great place right now overall - just getting faster and faster and piling on the miles.  It's fun to watch you train right now! 

MBC: It was that good, hey??  I'm going to grab it when I go to the library w/the boys.  It looks like this place is home.

April: Enjoy the run tonight - it sounds like you needed the rest.

Sarah: Good luck on your 5K!  I hope you snag a big ole PR tonight!!!!  Report back!

Hilary: I love you!  You are always so supportive.  No trials here, ever, I'm sure!  I'm so glad the appointment went well and you got some good news.  You'll be running in no time!  The rest will pay off, you know that.  Smooch!

Basya: I hope the ab stuff goes well.

Beach: Have a good 4!

Eddie: I hope you find a new spot to run!  It's always nice to change things up.

LRB: Good morning!

Thanks, guys, for the kind words. 

Jess runs for bacon

Like April said, I'll be at the LRS doing a 5.5 mile night run and looking at all the pretty lights. I'm torn on whether I should wear my new Mizuno heat thingy jacket (it warms up with your sweat, gross but cool) or my bright Saucony jacket. It's going to be chilly, so I don't think the Saucony one will be warm enough, but my Mizuno jacket isn't brightly colored and that's kind of the point of the run.

I'll make April decide for me Smile

EasyMiles

Heading to he gym for an easy 4 on the TM and then abs and upper body work.  The 4 will give me 200+ miles for the month for the 16th consecutive month.  

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

MBC: It was that good, hey??  I'm going to grab it when I go to the library w/the boys.  It looks like this place is home.

Well it's about a DA whose 12 year old son is accused of murder.  So you may love it.  Or you may hate it?! Wink

Honestly I'm easily entertained though.  Except for vampires - I'm not reading that crap LOL

on another note, everyone in my family is getting "eyepads" for xmas.  Don't tell them sssshhh

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/NORTH-BY-HONEYWELL-Sterile-Eye-Pad-4RL75

Greetings runners.

b-plus: Have fun at the bar and dinner.

gustav1: I totally got that insomnia when I was tapering for my marathon. I don't think it is that uncommon. I had to resort to nyquil because the accumulated lack of sleep was killing me. Good luck getting rest.

step: ants on a log? I think I need to google......  it's tasty I'm guessing!

phil: Slow ride. Take it easy!

april: sounds like fun. I didn't realize you two lived near each other - that's cool.

heidi: beast mode, ACTIVATE!

pink: Good luck on your 5k!  ps. totally love your enthusiasm, btw.

As for me, I'm totally in a mental funk right now. I need a break, I'm struggling to make it to this 10K next Saturday (which I officially signed up for today). We're having our basement finished and they started construction this week. They are moving way faster than I thought they would. With having to pick out fixtures and colors, work, kids schedules and everything else my life is going about 1000 mph right now.  The good news is that I think I put in some really good miles this past month, lots of quality work. I took a URD last night, darn it. Gonna try for 6 tonight and 10 tomorrow morning.

outoftheblue

Good morning everyone.  I need to take two of my dogs to the vet for a routine check-up and then brave the rain for 3 miles or so.

Good luck Pink and Damaris on your upcoming races!

Life is good.