Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are feeling goood! (Read 39 times)

Cyberic

Snow shit is over, still a but cold but sunny.  We're heading towards Spring for good. I can feel it.

Cyberic

Reached out to local coach and asked him what he thinks I should run between the 10 and the HM. i weighed the pros and the cons and finished my email by saying I'd prefer running the HM.

He suggested I run the HM. He thinks the way I handle mileage, it shouldn't be a problem recovering from the HM.

Of course he could be wrong, but that is what I'm gonna do. I did not expect a great marathon either way. I'm not so confident in my high mileage, low intensity training of the past months, so might as well do what I feel like, and hope for a good result.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 miles tonight. It's my Thriday, yay me.

Cy, sounds like a plan!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 40  miles on another fine morning.   It's in the low 60s, with a south wind blowing tonight's rain into the area.  It will be warm and wet in the morning,  so it's looking like a 10 mile run will be in order.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning 

Jetta and I got in 7.3 miles this morning, tried our nox gear out and I was so pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to jump off the road at all. If you don't know what I'm talking about, https://www.noxgear.com/

I have one for me and one for both Rocky and Jetta.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Hello.  I am sitting in my cubicle right now for the first time in I honestly don't know how long, and I noticed my Costco bottle of Advil has taken a major hit in my absence, going from full to nearly empty, which is fine since I told my staff that bottle is fair game.  In exercise news, I've got a short run later. 

If you don't know what I'm talking about, https://www.noxgear.com/

Nuclear vest has been discussed with great reverence here in these dailies.  Smile

<3

onemile

Reached out to local coach and asked him what he thinks I should run between the 10 and the HM. i weighed the pros and the cons and finished my email by saying I'd prefer running the HM.

He suggested I run the HM. He thinks the way I handle mileage, it shouldn't be a problem recovering from the HM.

Of course he could be wrong, but that is what I'm gonna do. I did not expect a great marathon either way. I'm not so confident in my high mileage, low intensity training of the past months, so might as well do what I feel like, and hope for a good result.

I'm glad you finally got the answer that reinforced what you really want to do 

I hope you taper for it

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hello.  I am sitting in my cubicle right now for the first time in I honestly don't know how long, and I noticed my Costco bottle of Advil has taken a major hit in my absence, going from full to nearly empty, which is fine since I told my staff that bottle is fair game.  In exercise news, I've got a short run later. 

Nuclear vest has been discussed with great reverence here in these dailiesSmile

Nuclear, lol. I didn't like the price but I'm glad I got one for me and one for each doggy. Nothing else has worked, but it seems the flashy changing colors get drivers' attention better than anything else.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Nuclear, lol. I didn't like the price but I'm glad I got one for me and one for each doggy. Nothing else has worked, but it seems the flashy changing colors get drivers' attention better than anything else.

If you didn’t like the price to buy the thing, wait’ll you see what you spend on batteries. But still a good value vs. getting hit by a car.

6 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

If you didn’t like the price to buy the thing, wait’ll you see what you spend on batteries. But still a good value vs. getting hit by a car.

6 miles.

I can be dressed like a Tron Christmas tree and they would still run me over here.  No amount of light can beat a person driving while texting.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

6 miles.

Have you considered buying rechargeable batteries?  I use them and they are pretty cheap at Costco.

<3

sdWhiskers

4 miles for me, also wearing my battery hungry Tracer vest. Cars actually don't turn right on red at intersections into me when I'm wearing it!

Ugh, it's Easter season. Which means I ate approximately 1 entire bag of jelly beans in less than 10 minutes last night.

Have you considered buying rechargeable batteries?  I use them and they are pretty cheap at Costco.

No but probably a good idea. Of course the season is winding down now. Sun is up at 6:30 now so it's already getting light at the end of my runs. And of course mileage is now down for a while. Sunrise in the summer here is around 5:00.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I do think that's bullshit, the dog harnesses came with a USB rechargeable cord. But I have to replace mine... but yeah I'll definitely go the rechargeable route, haven't opened it up yet to see what kind.

PRs

delicate flower

Free race photos are always nice.  These are from last Saturday's race.

This is the finish.  The right lane for the finish, the left lane starts lap two.  I look lonely.

Nice AG podium pic.  The guy on the left is a friend of mine who was 2 AG, and I don't know the 3 AG guy on the right but he sure is having  a good time.

<3