Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES: Fridailies' Scrawny Little Cousin (Read 40 times)

Docket_Rocket

Thanks!

Martini for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I would also like my English to be corrected, especially if an explanation is given. But i don't want to be too greedy, just the correction is fine too Smile

As Lily probably told you before, although it might sound a bit hard to believe, some people in Quebec live their whole life without having to speak English, only French. I moved to New Brunswick (Hi B.S.) when I was 14, and lived there for four years. My mother was over 35 years old and couldn't say two words in English. That is where I picked it up. I barely ever speak English now, and it's been 26 years since I moved back from New Brunswick.

If Damaris gets a free pass, I think I deserve one too. Big grin

happylily

You would appreciate this: English is crazy

That was really cute. 

A language is the soul of its people. I'm not really good at learning new languages, but I'm fascinated by them.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Zelanie

Lily, in yesterday's dailies did you just say that Hanson's is too hard (recovery after LR days) AND too easy (not enough mileage/workload) at the same time?  Doesn't that make it just right?

In all seriousness, though, I'm about 5 weeks in (not the same plan as yours, naturally), and I have to say that sometimes I really do feel like I'm not working hard enough.  Then I realize that I'm very close to the same mileage I was at when Pfitz was kicking my butt all over the place, and I love that I can be here and still somehow feel that I'm not working hard enough.

PS- Hi everyone.  Smile  I was headed off into the countryside for a few days, and didn't have internet.  But I'm back for the next few.