Beginners and Beyond

No Fridailies yet? #71 (Read 27 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Heading out for my run today and noticed no one had started the dailies, so here it is.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

I have my first Pilates class on the reformer today! Then I'll try to run and see how my back is doing today.

Talked to my dad's doctor today but nothing new. It's likely cancer but they can't tell for sure yet.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

A bit chilly at 32 degrees, but a beautiful clear morning and no lights needed from the start. Last day of that. 9 miles.

Dave

sdWhiskers

6 miles. Cold but sunny

No Fridaily, rest day instead

delicate flower

'Morning!  I was dragging ass through a good part of the morning but have since perked up.  I swam 2500 yards early, and ran 8 miles at lunch.  We've had three gorgeous days here...sunny, 60's, and dry.  Cold moves back in for the weekend.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

5 miles, but in 65º sunshine, rather than 40º overcast.  I'm just not used to running in that kind of relative warmth.  Much huffing and puffing.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

KCRuns

This year has been a trial on multiple fronts.  Trying (again) to get back to my good habits and routines.  5 miles yesterday outside and 3 today on the treadmill.

Cyberic

Ran 10 on an icy mountain (with spikes) and it looks like I might be putting in some light intensity tomorrow. Something like 3 x 2km @ MP+10 as part of a LR. But I'll see.

Docket_Rocket

RD. I just can’t today with the bad news.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

RD. I just can’t today with the bad news.

What's wrong?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

onemile

I ran 6.

Docket_Rocket

What's wrong?

Although not confirmed, the MRI seems to show my dad has metastatic cancer.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Damaris - I'm so sorry.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, I'm sorry to hear that.