Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies - Oh no, not again (Read 39 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I jogged 6.2 easy miles.   If I wasn't headed to work, it would be an excellent day Smile.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Right?  I hate Mondays.

I have 5 and weights tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

10 trainer miles, 4 AlterG miles, and my leg still hurts but I RSVPed anyway for this week's monthly mile series at Randall's Island.  It's free anyway so...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Early morning run for me as I had to commute into the city today.  Five miles with each getting faster as my legs woke up (they're still not used to the 4:30 start).  Beautifully cool outside and very little traffic.

The problem with these early morning runs is that all too often by 6:00 am the best part of my day has passed.  For example today's run was followed by delays on the trains and a minor crisis to deal with when I finally got into work.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

Another rainy Monday am here. Went to the gym because I didn’t feel like getting wet.

7mi 7:56avg on the TM

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

Happy Monday, party people!  I had to cram in my 2500 yard swim this morning in order to get to work for an 8:00 meeting.  That means my swim was pretty much one big set sans the usual 1-2 minute breaks I usually get several times during a swim, plus I felt rushed so I swam hard.  It was a good, fast swim, and now my upper body is tired.  Short run later.

<3

sdWhiskers

Another rest day. I'll do upper body with weights after work.

Officially registered for CIM! It fit my criteria of being cooler, decent size, not too much of a travel headache and a happy time of year for someone training in southern CA (no peak months during summer). DH is less excited about the "travel destination" but we're talking about flying up then driving back to visit some legit interesting sites. A friend is running Cape Cod marathon so I was thinking about that for a few days but the travel is more annoying and it would require starting training in the next 1-2 weeks.

Training for CIM won't really start until 7/30 but I'm looking forward to focusing on strength training over the summer with some easy running. And ugh, getting my weight more under control. I do decent during the week but it all goes to hell over the weekends.

onemile

Another rest day. I'll do upper body with weights after work.

Officially registered for CIM! It fit my criteria of being cooler, decent size, not too much of a travel headache and a happy time of year for someone training in southern CA (no peak months during summer). DH is less excited about the "travel destination" but we're talking about flying up then driving back to visit some legit interesting sites. A friend is running Cape Cod marathon so I was thinking about that for a few days but the travel is more annoying and it would require starting training in the next 1-2 weeks.

Training for CIM won't really start until 7/30 but I'm looking forward to focusing on strength training over the summer with some easy running. And ugh, getting my weight more under control. I do decent during the week but it all goes to hell over the weekends.

I spent a few days in San Francisco after CIM.  Barely being able to walk put a little bit of a damper on it though.

sdWhiskers

I spent a few days in San Francisco after CIM.  Barely being able to walk put a little bit of a damper on it though.

I've never been to SF so would like to do that on a separate trip, preferably when I can walk correctly, ha

I booked one of the race partner hotels right next to the finish. Would love to hear any feedback that you have about the race! I've read a few race reports and it seems like even though it's net downhill, it's still rolling so I need to train for that. My goal will not be to run a certain time but hopefully execute a better race than my last one.

Cyberic

RCD (Run Commute Day)

onemile

I've never been to SF so would like to do that on a separate trip, preferably when I can walk correctly, ha

I booked one of the race partner hotels right next to the finish. Would love to hear any feedback that you have about the race! I've read a few race reports and it seems like even though it's net downhill, it's still rolling so I need to train for that. My goal will not be to run a certain time but hopefully execute a better race than my last one.

I stayed at the Sheraton right next to the finish.  It's definitely 16 miles of hills and then flat. More down than up but they are constant. And not what I consider rollers but like legit hills.  I was feeling great until around the half and then I started getting really irritated when the hills kept coming. And then my 16 my quads were toast and I couldn't pick my feet up.  The course is rather pretty though. 

LRB

There were 15 miles of when the hell does the net downhill begin, then 11 miles of I've been duped. lol

LRB

I stayed at the Sheraton right next to the finish.  It's definitely 16 miles of hills and then flat. More down than up but they are constant. And not what I consider rollers but like legit hills.  I was feeling great until around the half and then I started getting really irritated when the hills kept coming. And then my 16 my quads were toast and I couldn't pick my feet up.  The course is rather pretty though. 

Speaking of the finish, the area was so congested that I had no idea how to get to my hotel.  I spent about 10 - 15 minutes post-race trying to decide which way should I go!

sdWhiskers

Speaking of the finish, the area was so congested that I had no idea how to get to my hotel.  I spent about 10 - 15 minutes post-race trying to decide which way should I go!

Lol. My sense of direction is terrible so this will totally be me.

LRB

Lol. My sense of direction is terrible so this will totally be me.

You'll do well. We don't have that kind of elevation here so I actually held my own pretty good through 16 miles considering the training I flew out there on.