Beginners and Beyond

Powerless Monday Penguins (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

So I came into the lab this morning to find all my computers are off and all of my instruments have vented.  The one being serviced today came up just fine, so no worries there.  But the one I was planning on using today did not come back up at all, doesn't seem to have any power to the front end.  I'm sure power is being supplied, but it's not getting where it needs to go, which has me quite concerned.  A call and email have been sent to my service rep.  Because what would Monday be without a curve ball? 

Went for my "bike ride" this morning, with some degree of success, so that's nice.  Two bunnies and a deer today.  The bunnies and last week's fox have Dusty completely convinced that every culvert pipe is hiding some interesting and chaseable animal.  So he basically just dragged DH from pipe to pipe this morning.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Ben does the same thing. We get feral cats hiding in the culverts, as well as groundhogs.  He's never actually found anybody home, but he always looks/sniffs.  I hope you get your power back to your instruments.  Was someone else running them over the weekend?

A severe thunderstorm warning and black skies mean I may end up not running outside today. We got wet during our morning walk, but it didn't rain hard enough to do any good except to cool us off. We need rain badly. Our lawns look like it's August already.

Docket_Rocket

At the airport waiting for my substitute flight to get home.  Our flught was canceled but now they booked us on a directi flight which is not bad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Direct is definitely good!!

GinnyinPA

D - I hope you get home today.

I ended up getting out between rain storms. The temperature dropped a little but the humidity went way up. It was hard to breathe the thick air. Still, I enjoyed the run, especially when it started to sprinkle on me in the last mile. I got 6.5 miles.

Zelanie

Mia used to love to go in culverts as a puppy, but then something must have scared her because she stopped even looking into them one day all of a sudden.

I ran 4 yesterday and only coughed a little, so I'm sort of back.  Now my foot is hurting, so it looks like I'll have to build back slowly.

Zoe tore her ACL while playing with Mia on Friday.  We had her in to the local vet this morning, and we're scheduled to go up to the ortho vet on 7/5.  Hopefully they will get her in to surgery soon after that.  The recovery length depends on which surgery they want to do, but it could be up to 12 weeks.  The good news is, there's a chance that the lameness that she was getting off and on this winter was actually due to a partial ACL tear that they couldn't diagnose, and that by treating the full tear, that all of her symptoms will get better.  Or we might be fixing the knee but she will still have nerve problems in the same leg either way.