Beginners and Beyond

What do you fret about while running? (Read 157 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

A facebook friend of mine posted this and I found this funny:

http://brooksfirstmarathon.com/2013/07/10/top-20-list-of-frets/

I think possible bathroom emergencies top my list for sure. I run a lot of my runs on a jogging path that only has access back to my neighborhood once ever 3/4 of a mile or so. And then it is another 1/2 mile to the nearest store that would have a public bathroom like a Starbucks or McDonald's. And there aren't any trees or bushes, and it is always VERY populated. At any given moment, I could be a mile from the nearest bathroom, and I am a slow runner.

Are things on this list things you fret about while running? Anything else you have to add to the list?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Buelligan

My only constant fret is my right knee.  It's been holding up quite well lately, something I would have never expected 20 years ago.

B-Plus

9. Sh*tting of the pants. (‘Nuff said.)

I often worry if it's safe to fart, or if it's something more. Also, I run past the beach in the summer, so sometimes there is a little extra baggage flopping around.

Rungry!

No mention of a pack of killer dogs?

Jen

#artbydmcbride

I used to trip and fall on my face.   <trip free for 378 days>

Runners run

bluerun

Super B****

Whether my pelvis will remain intact.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

From the Internet.

Mostly my left shin. It's been fine lately and I'm only running 3 days/week so as to give it adequate recovery time, but there's always that nagging fear in the back of my mind that *this* mile is definitely going to be the one that kicks off the shin splints again and puts me out of commission for a month.

Docket_Rocket

After what happened at the LV Marathon, I fret about forgetting my Epi Pen or my inhaler.  And whether I'll have an encounter with a car (this happens more often than the other fret).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Birdwell

I worry about mountain lions. . . .

"Crazy people who do terrible sh*t to runners. (And doing what YOU can to stay safe.)"

- Sometimes carries a padlock.  Excellent device for hurling at cars or smashing a canine's skull if it ever came down to it.

"Faster runners."

- Nope, I worry about the ones who are of similar speed.

"Dying during a race."

-If that happens, worrying stops.

Antipodean

I worry about whether I'll get back in time to get ready for work, and what I have to do in the day. I also worry about running stuff - my knee, my hip, the other hip, my toes (blisters) my chafing, my gait and my posture when I run (Do I look funny?). I worry about the whether, if it's going to rain or not, or if I wore the right clothes. I just worry a lot. Blush

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What I might run into or fall into while on the run.  And with my running history,  I mean that quite literally!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RSX

If I run at home I rarely worry about bathroom issues as I know where they all are. Normally I just worry about stomach issues. If pressed for time I worry about getting to do the whole route

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I run to get rid of my worries not to pick more up.

You people have issues 

nolamama

CQTM

I used to trip and fall on my face.   <trip free for 378 days>

Congrats! <hopefully not jinxed now>