Beginners and Beyond

What do you fret about while running? (Read 157 times)

nolamama

CQTM

I run to get rid of my worries not to pick more up.

This post does not have your usual level of bullshit and sarcasm.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

This post does not have your usual level of bullshit and sarcasm.

I'll try harder next time.

heh, I said harder.

You people have issues 

Philliefan33

I usually don't worry about things while I'm running.  But there have been a few runs when I had to worry about pooping the pants.   Cry

I usually don't worry about things while I'm running.  But there have been a few runs when I had to worry about pooping the pants.   Cry

Basically this. For me there is generally not much else to worry about, unless there is an injury situation.

For a race: add parking.

Dave

Hip Redux

Sorry, but I am so glad I don't have to worry about a poop run.  (Lordy, did I just jinx myself?)

My biggest fret is injury.  Giving my history, there's a good reason for that.  Roll eyes

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

No mention of a pack of killer dogs?

....or 1 killer dog?

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Dogs, skunks, and hogs.

And for the past week, whether this pain at the bottom of my shin, where it meets the top of my foot, is a stress fracture or just inflammation.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

I don't run with my phone so i'm always worried about getting injured and having to walk all the way home.

Buelligan

My only constant fret is my right knee.  It's been holding up quite well lately, something I would have never expected 20 years ago.

Son of a bitch... my damn knee is acting up for the first time in years.   Fucking hell.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Son of a bitch... my damn knee is acting up for the first time in years.   Fucking hell.

Ha ha.....Mine freaked me out last night.  I got done with my run, and all of a sudden every step it was trying to talk back to me.  Right under the knee cap too.  I started thinking, "Are you gettin stupid with me right now?  Seriously?"  I pulled my foot up behind me and held it for a bit.  Then other side.  Then walked around a little and it went away. (Whew!).

Anyway.....how are the shoes?

And just in case it acts up tonight, too, ice that behotch!  Vascular constriction, followed by vascular dilation!!  Off and on every 5 minutes for 20 minutes.

Randy

Buelligan

I did Ibuprofen and took an extra day off.  Will definitely try the icing/heating thing.

I should have never posted in this thread.

Hip Redux

I did Ibuprofen and took an extra day off.  Will definitely try the icing/heating thing.

I should have never posted in this thread.

If I start having poo issues when I run, I'm gonna be pissed.

happylily

I sometimes worry about missing a step on the treadmil and being thrown hard on my garage door. I also worry about not hitting my paces when I do my intervals. And of course, now that my heel is screwed up, I worry that I'll never be able to run 26.2 miles again.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

B-Plus

If I start having poo issues when I run, I'm gonna be pissed.

Don't make me post that pic!

I worry about mountain lions. . . .

+1.  There is a nice big hill not far from my house where mountain lions have been spotted.  I usually run in the late hours where nobody else would be around.  So as I'm running that route I find myself looking around at rocks and sticks that could be used as weapons if needed.  Of course general consensus is that once you realize you are being attacked by a mountain lion, it 's already too late.

Zombies.  Not kidding.  Do you remember that zombie attack in Florida last year?  After that I found myself thinking about that peculiar "what if" scenario while running on certain isolated streets.  Am I too tired to outrun a drugged-out whackjob that wants to eat my face?