Beginners and Beyond

Yessir, it's the Thursdailies. (Read 38 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.2 nice miles.  I hope work is as pleasant.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Morning, fine folks from around the Internet.

I have not run yet, today, but will, later on.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Penn Relays start today (except the multi-events which finished yesterday).

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Hi.

I ran 7, it was quite breezy. It was weird though in that after the turnaround, the wind was at my back. So what had been a "noisy" run for 3.5 miles got totally silent.  Trippy.

delicate flower

And a lovely good morning to you as well, fine ladies and gentlemen!  As you all know, today is a swim and run day for me, the prior of which was completed this morning.  I do not have a race this weekend, and that is just fine by me!  

<3

Cyberic

I'm looking at a race on May 15th at the cost of $15. It is chip timed, sanctioned by the Quebec Athletism Federation. Pretty much all this runner wants in an event. Course is in a municipal park with lots of twists and turns.

The idea would be to assess my current fitness to know what my training paces should be. There's a 5, a 10 and a 15K. Although I would like to focus on the 10K a bit, it would mean 2 5K loops, and that can be a little discouraging.

But if I do it, it will still probably be the 10K

LRB

I'm looking at a race on May 15th at the cost of $15. It is chip timed, sanctioned by the Quebec Athletism Federation. Pretty much all this runner wants in an event. Course is in a municipal park with lots of twists and turns.

The idea would be to assess my current fitness to know what my training paces should be. There's a 5, a 10 and a 15K. Although I would like to focus on the 10K a bit, it would mean 2 5K loops, and that can be a little discouraging.

But if I do it, it will still probably be the 10K

If the goal is to assess your fitness, the 5k might be the better choice given what might be some warm conditons two weeks into May, or maybe not.

I always use the 5k as the base for training paces, then try to match the 10k up to it. But everyone has their own way so take that with a grain of salt, to each his own,  do what's best for you and all those things. Big grin

delicate flower

But everyone has their own way so take that with a grain of salt, to each his own,  do what's best for you and all those things. Big grin

I disagree.  Do what people on the running forum want to see, and we want to see the 10K.

<3

Cyberic

I disagree.  Do what people on the running forum want to see, and we want to see the 10K.

Hard to argue with this kind of argument, baboon!

LRB, I had not thought of it that way, but yeah, good point.

I personnally think the two worse racing distances (out of the 4 distances I have raced) are the marathon, and then the 10K.

My 10K PR is actually my last 10K race, which was 2 years ago, in May 2014, so maybe it needs to be refreshed.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I was looking over my Athlinks profile and I noticed my HM this past Sunday was my 20th HM.  Neat!  Athlinks is missing my two half ironman relay runs, but I count those.  I've done almost as many HM's as I have 5K's.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Wasn't able to get up until 7 am, had time to get in a quick 3.1 miles.

Going to the Trump rally here.

Hope to get in another 3-4 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Going to the Trump rally here.

Another sign I saw during Boston.

"If you stop running, I'm going to vote for Trump"

LRB

Hard to argue with this kind of argument, baboon!

LRB, I had not thought of it that way, but yeah, good point.

I personnally think the two worse racing distances (out of the 4 distances I have raced) are the marathon, and then the 10K.

My 10K PR is actually my last 10K race, which was 2 years ago, in May 2014, so maybe it needs to be refreshed.

While I cannot say that I am necessarily good at any distance, the marathon is by far the toughest event for me.

Ironically, I don't view the 10k in the same light as most, I actually relish them. Trying to match it up with one's 5k time is a BEEEYOTCH, but really rewarding when you do.

LRB

I was looking over my Athlinks profile and I noticed my HM this past Sunday was my 20th HM.  Neat!  Athlinks is missing my two half ironman relay runs, but I count those.  I've done almost as many HM's as I have 5K's.

Wow, I've run 6 (I ran one last month but it wasn't a race effort).

• 2 in 2011
                                • 2 in 2014
                                • 2 in 2015

While I'm not really good at them, I am not as bad at them as I am the marathon. I avoid them like the plague during the warmer months though.