Beginners and Beyond

ThursDailies (Read 41 times)

oldfartrunner

What you got today Runners?  8 easy on tap for me later.

oldfartrunner

So who is dealing with that storm heading up the E coast? Looks pretty bad. Sad

Docket_Rocket

It felt like 38F and windy this morning and I'm working from home, so I went outside at 7am and ran 4.  Pilates and weights later.  Now to wake hubby so he can run in our probably only Winter day in January.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  Yep, it's a snowstorm day!  I got up earlier than normal so I could get my gym treadmill run done before driving conditions got too bad.  I think I was just ahead of the really heavy snow.  The commute wasn't great, but I've driven in worse.  My 35 minute drive only took an extra 10 minutes.

I did 5 miles on the treadmill.  My foot pod has really been acting screwy lately.  No matter how hard I am hammering on the treadmill, Garmin keeps showing a 7:40-7:45 pace.  It might be time to start thinking about replacing it.

<3

Bert-o

I lost my rama

The snow isn't too bad (just a few inches so far), but it's the wind that's making everything miserable.  Up to 30 mpw, but in the city that will easily double near large buildings!  I'll go out for 4 later this afternoon.... please come dig me out if I don't come back.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

GC100k

Not too bad here in central PA, must be on the edge of the storm area, just a bit of snow this morning. I did 5 miles on the dreadmill. Roads are fine.

bluerun

Super B****

The snow isn't too bad (just a few inches so far), but it's the wind that's making everything miserable.  Up to 30 mpw, but in the city that will easily double near large buildings!  I'll go out for 4 later this afternoon.... please come dig me out if I don't come back.

Yeah, that.  I had to come in for an appointment and even though I left myself plenty of time I was still late because I waited for a train for twenty minutes.  That’s just because the MTA sucks, not because of the weather.  But the wind is creating ridiculous snowdrifts so that one step, there’s just a coating, the next step you’re ankle deep.  FUN.

I woke up early to get in 25 trainer miles because we were going to climb later this morning, but they may close.  Boo.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Me.  We (MD) currently have 7 inches, but they're predicting a foot, and the winds are wicked! We don't have the manpower to deal with these kinds of storms like some areas - Buffalo, Syracuse, anything north and typically cold!  They closed all the schools and just about every other facility, plant, and establishment yesterday.  I won't go back to school (teacher) until at least Monday.  The highs over the weekend are only supposed to reach about 20, so it's not going anywhere.  I feel really sorry for all the state highway employees that have to be out clearing this mess up.  Stay safe, everyone!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Day off work, so got some strength training in this morning.

Nurunner, I'm northeast of Baltimore, at most we got maybe 1 inch but it's hard to tell since there are spots with mini-drifts and others with bare ground. Fortunately the wind blew in the right direction so our driveway is mostly bare. I'm wondering if I'll be at work tomorrow (not a teacher, but work in a school setting). We follow Baltimore City schools for closings, they are having lots of building issues due to the cold. In the summer, we don't close early when they do for heat since we have AC. And yea, the eastern shore does not handle snow well. I remember watching them try to remove snow from the Salisbury campus with a tractor--all they really did was packed the snow down even more.

37 degrees, 3 mph wind, no precipitation of any kind. What's everyone complaining about?

6 miles.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Poor husband. He never got to run in nice weather. The association called that they were shutting the water down for some repairs so he got stuck not running for fear of not getting a shower before work.  Told him to wake up early.  Pfftttt.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bert-o

I lost my rama

37 degrees, 3 mph wind, no precipitation of any kind. What's everyone complaining about?

6 miles.

Karma can be cruel Dave.   Your day of reckoning will come...

3/17 - NYC Half

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Poor husband. He never got to run in nice weather. The association called that they were shutting the water down for some repairs so he got stuck not running for fear of not getting a shower before work.  Told him to wake up early.  Pfftttt.

Haha!  Or he could fill all the pots and buckets in the house with hot water.  Bucket baths can be fun when there is no running water.

3/17 - NYC Half

bluerun

Super B****

I have spent 25% of my waking hours so far waiting for trains that are either not coming or not moving.  I hate the MTA so much.  At this rate they WILL close before I get there!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Bert-o

I lost my rama

At this rate they WILL close before I get there!

Blue, today is a day to spend in a neighborhood bar.

3/17 - NYC Half