Beginners and Beyond

Sunny Sundailies (Read 38 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I went to bed super early last night and am up way early for me. Going to see how much of a run I can get in before it gets insanely hot. Again.

What's up?

LRB

What's up?

The women's Olympic marathon begins at 8:30 this morning.

LRB

My calves seem to have taken the brunt of my foray into trail running yesterday, they are really tight and sore. I really only need 4 miles to compete my week, but would like to go 6 if they allow it. We'll see....

delicate flower

The women's Olympic marathon begins at 8:30 this morning.

This is why I rolled my fat ass out of bed at 7:00 to get my run done.  Speaking of which, 6 miles at 8:15 avg pace.  Heat, humidity, hills, and taper all make for one shitty run.  If I didn't know any better, I'd be wondering what the hell is wrong with me.

<3

delicate flower

Star Trek Beyond was a darn good movie.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Woke up at this stupid hour on a Sunday to watch the marathon.  20 on the TM while watching.  I didn't run last night due to a migraine and although the migraine is gone, it left me super dehydrated.  Off to drink water.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Docket_Rocket

+2

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ran 6.

44 for the week.

Surprisingly, my calves were tighter while walking than they were whilst running. That said, they should be fine. My achilles' appeared to have no issues and my left groin, which got quite a workout leaping over puddles, boulders and logs and shit yesterday, is no worse for the wear, either.

delicate flower

ENOUGH WITH THIS GOLF SHIT.

<3

LRB

ENOUGH WITH THIS GOLF SHIT.

I know!

Docket_Rocket

Is Desiree done?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

Is Desiree done?

I wouldn't count her out, she's a strong runner!

Her clothes are drenched and flapping sweat all over the place.

Half Crazy K 2.0

9.3. Felt better than yesterday. I ran by a local race, most runners heading up the hill looked miserable, including a guy I warned about the course yesterday.

Assuming they are showing Olympic golf on TV? Watch the live feed on line!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've got a track workout tonight, thinking I'll do a 1-2 mile warm up then 4x800m, then a 1 mile cool down.

And before that, DH wants to get in a 2-2.5 mile run/walk so hopefully we can do it sometime in the afternoon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)