Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES Has a question for the powers that be... (Read 62 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

LRB

Just B.S.

LRB, dude where do you come up with these Big grin

Last night 8.75 miles with 2 miles @ 8:15 pace.

Today after work 1,500 meter swim in the lake then a  4.5 mile run home. Rest

day tomorrow and triathlon #4 of the season on Saturday.

Be good and have a great day everyone!

hog4life

LRB, dude where do you come up with these Big grin

Last night 8.75 miles with 2 miles @ 8:15 pace.

Today after work 1,500 meter swim in the lake then a  4.5 mile run home. Rest

day tomorrow and triathlon #4 of the season on Saturday.

Be good and have a great day everyone!

Good luck!

Supp Rick? I'm sipping on the coffee getting ready for work.

Maybe 3-4 easy tonight. Colonoscopy checkup on Tuesday was good, shouldn't have anything to worry about for two years.

Hip Redux

Mornin'.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Cut back week. No run yet. Doubt I will run today.  Rest is a good thing.

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, runners!

Went out for 8 miles. The rain started around 5.5 miles in, no big deal. The thunder and lightning started about a mile later, and I decided that would be my last loop around the neighborhood. 7.14 miles done.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Holidays for August 22nd are "Be An Angel Day",  "Tooth Fairy Day" and "Peach Day".  (peaches..yuk)

peaches cartoons, peaches cartoon, peaches picture, peaches pictures, peaches image, peaches images, peaches illustration, peaches illustrations

peaches cartoons, peaches cartoon, peaches picture, peaches pictures, peaches image, peaches images, peaches illustration, peaches illustrations

photo peach1_zps2de3254e.gif

tooth fairy cartoons, tooth fairy cartoon, tooth fairy picture, tooth fairy pictures, tooth fairy image, tooth fairy images, tooth fairy illustration, tooth fairy illustrations

tooth fairy cartoons, tooth fairy cartoon, tooth fairy picture, tooth fairy pictures, tooth fairy image, tooth fairy images, tooth fairy illustration, tooth fairy illustrations

photo angel_zpsef894c2a.gif

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Working from home but have another trip to court in 1 hour, so I only had time for 10 this morning.  More tonight.    The run had some awesome paces, especially at the end.  It is never bad when you end up your run at HMP and feeling very easy.

Scotty and LRB, LOL.

Have a great day, all!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

And a hearty e-good morning, PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET!  MBC's company picnic today, so I took the day off from work to attend that.  Calorie reload!

We decided to skip the LRS group run last night and do our own 4 miler.  Then I got out early this morning for 8 more easy miles.  It is HUMID out there this morning.

<3

Yo. I need coffee.

Beth, have a pleasant swim. Enjoy your run.

Mitch, great news! Enjoy your run tonight.

Oski, greetings.

Shari, sweet 7.14.

scottydawg, where do you FIND this stuff?!?

Damaris, terrific ten. Have fun doubling.

Phil, excellent eight. Happy eating.

I'll do a TM progression run at the gym this afternoon. Eight miles. Maybe more. I don't know. I feel better today.

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  I will run 6ish with the running club later.  For now, off to work.  Boo!

LRB

7.5 in the books for me, including 10 glorious strides!  Man those things were awesome!  Tough, but awesome.

I wore those stupid split shorts again only this time with the shortest boxer briefs I own and I probably looked like a stripper to passers-by but you know what?  I liked it!

I cannot believe I am running in so little compared to years past.  Truly bizarre.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No run today, probably a 3-4 mile walk along with some strength training. Ran out of my coffee foam cups so I had to drink a cup or two this morning at home and then stop at Starbucks. I normally don't drink their stuff but the dark roast black is really good with my peppermint mocha cream.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Daves_Not_Here

Well I "was" planning a 5 mile run after work today but.....Woke up to smoke and ash filled skies from the wildfire down in Tuolumne County. This is the worst I've seen it since moving here ten years ago.