Beginners and Beyond

TGIFridailies! (Read 61 times)

Just B.S.

Last two days my runs have been on the treadmill. This super cold snap  has been going on too long.

That's  4 treadmill runs in the last 10 days. Usually I try to keep it under 10 run on the mill for the entire

winter.

It has been a feels like of -25F for the last two days.

I need to run 10 miles today. It's a feels like of -6F this afternoon. Should feel like a heat wave.

It's so hard to dress for this weather (12 degrees, 9 mph wind). I'm either cold because I under dressed or cold because my sweat made my base layer damp. 

I agree...I have not run outside since I did 12 last Sunday when it was 18 deg with 25mph wind, but ran into the same thing. Too cold in the first few miles, and very uncomfortably chilled in the last few due to wet base layers. There is that sweet spot in the middle of the run when everything is just right. Let's call that the baby bear segment.

Hoping to get back outside with a run after work this evening. Supposed to warm up all the way to ~20, with "only" 10mph wind. But of course now it is snowing, so will have to watch the traction.

Dave

LRB

Travel day and then skiing tomorrow @ Snowbasin. Big snow forcasted coming in Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Can't wait.

Can you take this crap that's falling with ya?  I had big plans for my run tomorrow, hmph!

Can you take this crap that's falling with ya?  I had big plans for my run tomorrow, hmph!

Wish I could!!

delicate flower

What up Dailiers?

SRD for me after my 10.8 last night. Travel day and then skiing tomorrow @ Snowbasin. Big snow forcasted coming in Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Can't wait.

Nice!  Have fun!  The coldest weather I have ever experienced was at Snowbasin in 2010.  I conservatively estimate it was -30 degees with the wind.  The warmth of the gondola allowed me to ski the entire day.  Without a gondola, I would have quit early. 

<3

Weezer88

Afternoon Dailies!

A difficult 8+ on the TM as I have become a wimp and would prefer the tM over running outside since the lows have been in the lower 20's.  The only good side is that I have less laundry to do as I run sans shirt when on the TM.  A few inches of snow on the ground this morning and most of the public schools have closed.

I AM WEEZER.

4.75 this morning before work.  That makes two this week - maybe it will become a habit.

You can call me Anna

@runjerseygirl

3 pain-free miles on the treadmill.  Woohoo!

Do you even run?

LRB

4.75 this morning before work.  That makes two this week - maybe it will become a habit.

Like!

KPS, sigh of relief!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

What up Dailiers?

SRD for me after my 10.8 last night. Travel day and then skiing tomorrow @ Snowbasin. Big snow forcasted coming in Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Can't wait.

I love Utah skiing. We've been twice. Never got a chance to ski the womens downhill at snowbasin though....have a great time!

Ortho said I'm good to go run. Although don't exactly feel like it. I don't know. I'm nervous about it happening again and going back on the dl for 6 months. Meh.

and I still have to use that freakin bone stimulator for two more months at night.

Docket_Rocket

Word.

Seriously!  Running in 90 degree temps for anything longer than 10 feet is a deal breaker for me.

For Damaris though, it would probably be considered a cool front.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Angela, that's great! I hope to start running in the morning at least once a week next week. I figure if I'm going to run when it's cold and dark, I might as well try to get it out of the way early. I have two longish midweek runs (6+) and one shorter run (4) right now so I will probably do the 4 in the morning.

Kay, YAY!

I went to the gym and did 20 minutes on the bike, then a couple reverse pull-ups and some pushups. I'm going to try to do reverse pull-ups at least once a week. I can't do even a partial pull-up so I've heard that reverse is a good way to gain some strength.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice running, Fuzzy!

Why is it called the Hogsback?

So no trip for you to Texas in August then, huh LRB?  Joking   My cut-off temp for not running outside in Texas summer is 96 degrees.  Anything below that, I can handle.  It all comes down to what you get acclimatized to, I suppose.

"Many runners suffer from an 'all medium runs' mentality.   That is definitely me, lol, So I'm A Runner.   I don't compete for anything anymore, these days - my 'golden years' of running, lol - I'm just a fun-runner out there to enjoy myself.  So far so good and very happy with the running life I have now.  Heck, I'm just glad to even still HAVE a running life, all the crappola I got going on in my old body.

Happy skiing, C0derunner!  Don't run into any goats...

Congrats on your pain free miles, Kay!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Last night's 6 miles wasn't great at all, my legs were lead and it just sucked. 8 minutes slower (overall) than my last 2 tempo runs. I was going to do a 5 mile easy tonight but I think I am just going to run 3 easy miles and take my Heeler mix Rocky with me, he did great with 2 miles and I really want to get him worked up to at least 6 mile runs with me so I need to start. Other than the 3 mile run, I don't think I am going to do anything else, I was going to work on push ups and other upper body work but oh well, I leave that for tomorrow.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey runners.  I did 15.5 miles at easy pace over lunch.  The temp was 15 when I started, and we had about an inch of fresh snow on the ground.  I'd say by the time I finished we got another 1.5"-2" more.  My water bottle froze by mile 7, which was a little annoying, but other than that the run was quiet and peaceful.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn