Beginners and Beyond

TGIFridailies! (Read 61 times)

LRB

I cannot run at lunch.  Between my 30 minute lunch and the fact that I have to be in full makeup and suit in the afternoon, it does not work for me.  Plus I have that pesky sun and heat to contend with.  I wish I could run at lunch.  I would be able to add some miles to my mpw that way.

It is supposed to be in the mid to high 40's here next Tuesday.  I am seriously considering taking an extended lunch to get my run on in that deliciousness.

Luke, you're like a bucking bronco in the corral at the rodeo.  Open this thing up already!

Docket_Rocket

No need to rub it in.

It is supposed to be in the mid to high 40's here next Tuesday.  I am seriously considering taking an extended lunch to get my run on in that deliciousness.

Luke, you're like a bucking bronco in the corral at the rodeo.  Open this thing up already!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

No need to rub it in.

I live in Michigan.  You win.

Luke79

ikr...that's precisely how I feel right now.  I'll be that guy jumping up and down and constantly doing pointless stretches at the starting line.

delicate flower

OMG!  So happy for you!!!  SO VERY HAPPY!  It has been so very long...

Honestly I was wondering which of us would be running again first.  Big grin

I'm stoked that she can run again!  Baby steps though...

<3

hog4life

Morning!

The animals give me the creeps...

11 easy after work, tonight.

Have a great day!

P.S. Mitch, did you get your results on Monday? I thought about you everyday while I was away, as I had promised. I hope all is well with you!

Lily, yes I did and thank you. It's a fungus called histoplasmosis, which is caused from bird droppings. It's treatable with antibiotics. It kind of sounds like I could have had it before the whole colon cancer ordeal.

runmomto3boys

Mitch: Happy birthday, by the way!!!

Phil: Right? You get hurt and she gets the go ahead to run.  I hope you are both running healthy in the very near future.

hog4life

Mitch: Happy birthday, by the way!!!

Phil: Right? You get hurt and she gets the go ahead to run.  I hope you are both running healthy in the very near future.

Why thank you Smile

Docket_Rocket

Woohoo!

Honestly I was wondering which of us would be running again first.  Big grin

I'm stoked that she can run again!  Baby steps though...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

By the time I got out to run this afternoon the snow was already accumulating on the roads making the footing a little iffy. I had planned 4-5 miles of fartlek but had to settle for 3.9 miles of mostly easy running with a few strides thrown in where the footing looked good enough that I could push off with slipping. Hot chocolate makes a great post run drink when the temp outside is 20F.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

The footing wasn't bad at all.  I think it's actually a good reminder to keep my feet underneath me and to not over-stride.  The only parts where the traction is tricky is where the cars have driven...the freshly fallen snow grips surprisingly well.  I just had my Brooks Ghosts on too, not a trail shoe or anything.  My other favorite part is when you double back on portions of the route and can see all of your footfalls.  Oh, and I'm in Ohio and what we're getting is coming off the lake.

Code...You're right, it is pretty soft.  I'd equate the feel to running on a track.

O Great Outdoors, I sing praises unto thee! A lovely 8.4* miles in the snow, a breath of fresh (18 deg, feels like 9) air, after a week on the hamster wheel. And a hearty +1 to all the above.

* mileage based on known route; Garmin succumbed to dead battery. Note to self: when spending a week on the TM, still need to charge the watch.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

O Great Outdoors, I sing praises unto thee! A lovely 8.4* miles in the snow, a breath of fresh (18 deg, feels like 9) air, after a week on the hamster wheel. And a hearty +1 to all the above.

* mileage based on known route; Garmin succumbed to dead battery. Note to self: when spending a week on the TM, still need to charge the watch.

Good stuff!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

That was funny!

Docket_Rocket

I swear my plan said 6 miles this morning but it really said 5.  So, I did 5. Joking

Damaris

Fundraising Page

F'ing airlines. Had to rebook my connection for the following day so likely missed one precious day of skiing. BOOOO. And worse, my running gear was checked so I can't get any miles in. I need a drink (or 10).