Beginners and Beyond

BMO St. Patrick's Day Vancouver 5k RR (Read 62 times)

Goorun

Nice run B-plus. That is always fast race in Vancouver.

There are so many great runners in this area it's sick.

For example: winner of 50 - 54 AG mark Bennett ran 16:34

Ellie Greenwood who is one of the best female ultra runners in the whole world ( http://ultrasignup.com/results_participant.aspx?fname=Ellie&lname=Greenwood Wink ran 17: 35. ULTRARUNNER ! She is a rock star.

I had to work on Saturday otherwise I would have run it too. Gary Duncan who won my AG (55-59) ran 18:15. I could do that, no problem. Maybe next year.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Zelanie

Nice way to get back into racing- congratulations!  I love Stanley Park, but wasn't a runner yet the last time I visited Vancouver.  Now I want to go back and run there. Smile

B-Plus

Sparker - This race was last weekend, but I'm sure it was still colder in Illinois.

Goo- Tell me about it with the insanely sick fast runners around here. If I want to win anything, I'll need to cherry pick some type of charity walk in the boonies. But then I'll feel like such a tool winning a 10k in 40 min that I would stand aside to let somebody pass me Roll eyes I have never heard of Ellie. I never knew ultrarunners could run that fast lol jk.

Zel - I am so lucky to run there everyday.

Goorun

Sparker - This race was last weekend, but I'm sure it was still colder in Illinois.

Goo- Tell me about it with the insanely sick fast runners around here. If I want to win anything, I'll need to cherry pick some type of charity walk in the boonies. But then I'll feel like such a tool winning a 10k in 40 min that I would stand aside to let somebody pass me Roll eyes I have never heard of Ellie. I never knew ultrarunners could run that fast lol jk.

Zel - I am so lucky to run there everyday.

Smile She is one of the new generation of fast ultra runners. She is 1:18 half and 2:42  marathon runner. Time of slow runners winning major ultras are over.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Ball of Fury

Great job B-Plus!!  Man, you are fast!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15