Beginners and Beyond

Another Winter Storm from Illinois to Maine (Read 54 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

http://weather.aol.com/2014/03/11/illinois-to-maine-facing-substantial-winter-storm/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D452671

But southern Indiana ain't seeing any of that crap!!! Thank God! Feel sorry for those who are going to see it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just B.S.

Ah hell, what else is new? Smile

Snowing here today, snow again tomorrow, then lots more snow and ice on Thursday.

We have had approximately 2 days since the beginning of Nov even near 40F.

At this time of year winter is like a marathon to us. A few more storms are like the last miles of a 26.2. You

know they are coming, you know it's going to hurt more as the time goes on because you are exhausted and

spent physically and mentally but there, seemingly far far  in the distance there is something called a finish line

(aka spring/early summer) and you cling to that hope like a life raft of sanity.  Eventually you will reach it

sometimes sooner than you wished, sometimes later and there is something more sweet to cherish in the

hard fought race of the finish line you thought might never appear (aka 2013/2014 The Winter From Hell Smile )

onemile

We are not supposed to get any accumulation here!  

LRB

I fully expect to make snow Angels on Fathers Day.

Just B.S.

We had snow in the woods behind our house into late May last year so I wouldn't rule that out.

I fully expect to make snow Angels on Fathers Day.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Beth, do you ever not see snow....... or temps under 30 degrees?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Just B.S.

June thru end of October but no guarantees Smile

It snowed during our first race of the season last year, April 28 th.

LRB

Some people have ice water running through their veins, Beth has snow running through hers.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I quit.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

LRB

Oh, and apparently this storm has a name; Vulcan.  Live long and bite me prosper.

happylily

In about 3 months, we'll be starting the summer litany. Runners are happy with the weather for about 16 days out of any normal year. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

In about 3 months, we'll be starting the summer litany.

In 2012 the blast furnace ignited in early May.  Last year, it was in late June.  I will take last years summer and a spicy Bloody Mary to go thank you.

Just B.S.

A foot of the lovely white stuff coming overnight in addition to the several inches yesterday. Those snowbanks will

Be back above my head again just when I was  able  to  see over them. Smile

In about 3 months, we'll be starting the summer litany. Runners are happy with the weather for about 16 days out of any normal year. 

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

http://weather.aol.com/2014/03/11/illinois-to-maine-facing-substantial-winter-storm/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D452671

But southern Indiana ain't seeing any of that crap!!! Thank God! Feel sorry for those who are going to see it.

I feel sorry for any of you who have to deal with ANY snow, wind, ice, cold, etc. during the winter.   I had enough of that crap when I lived in Ohio - one reason I moved to 'mild' San Antonio -  and I NEVER want to deal with it again.  I HATE being cold!  Give me the 100 degree summer weather of San Antonio anytime over cold weather!

Good thoughts for the safety of all of you who have to deal with all these storms, etc!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oh, and apparently this storm has a name; Vulcan.  Live long and bite me prosper.

Kind of ironic that a cold winter storm has the name of a god of fire and volcanoes that generate so much heat.  Weather forecaster humor, huh?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt