Beginners and Beyond

Bad Humor TuesDAILIES (Read 41 times)

LRB

LRB

'Sup, yo.

I slept for shit. Up until it was time to wake up, then I slept fine.

And now I shall run, FFS.

#thejokeisonme

Cyberic

I'm old. I didn't sleep much Saturday night and can still feel it, ffs.

So today is 3 x 2 miles at MP - 10. Those are not really hard, but they take long, and they do leave me a little tired. Cumulative fatigue!

It is finally cooler out. 59 now, and a max of 75.

Have a nice day!

happylily

What did Jay-Z call his girlfriend before they were married? Feyoncé

(Is that bad enough?)

I have 9 with intervals. I hope I can finish work early again today. It's nice to be able to run before supper time.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Little Blue

I can't post the picture, but it made me laugh:

Golf ~ the art of playing fetch with yourself.

I'm out the door in a few minutes for about 4.  Then to mow the grass I couldn't do yesterday.  Then off to work.  Yesterday we got drowned in 20% chance of rain.

delicate flower

Hello, INTERNET PEOPLE!  I slept well last night.  Rock n roll.  Today's weather is looking like suck, but since it's Tuesday, that is fine with me.  Today's training schedule calls for an hour of easy running with some strides.

This week is looking weird...no races, no events to schedule around, no having to shuffle days around.  I can just follow the plan.  I honestly think this is the first time in two months that I can just train according to my schedule.

<3

Little Blue

Hello, INTERNET PEOPLE!  I slept well last night.  Rock n roll.  Today's weather is looking like suck, but since it's Tuesday, that is fine with me.  Today's training schedule calls for an hour of easy running with some strides.

This week is looking weird...no races, no events to schedule around, no having to shuffle days around.  I can just follow the plan.  I honestly think this is the first time in two months that I can just train according to my schedule.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!  Don't talk like that!  The other shoe will drop, and you'll end up with the 24-hour plague.

LRB

I ran 7, it was on the chilly side.

My legs felt like bricks but the pace continued to drop throughout the run despite no change in effort.

I also finally figured out a way to differentiate between my running socks and the socks I wear to work (they are the same style and brand) so that's good.

There's nothing worse than getting dressed in a hurry only to realize one of your socks (or both FFS) has a hole in the toe.

LRB

What did Jay-Z call his girlfriend before they were married? Feyoncé

(Is that bad enough?)

That got a belly laugh out of me!

LRB

I can't post the picture, but it made me laugh:

Golf ~ the art of playing fetch with yourself.

And who wants to do that. lol

delicate flower

There's nothing worse than getting dressed in a hurry only to realize one of your socks (or both FFS) has a hole in the toe.

I don't know, accidentally stapling my foot to my ear seems like it'd be worse.

<3

cjones1

So, I ran 8 this morning.  It was 55 degrees.  I could have run 8 more in that.  There were deer everywhere.

Speaking of socks, I could use some new ones for running.  I just wear the cheapie no-show cotton socks from Walmart/Target, and they're pretty much transparent at this point.  I'd like to get some actual running socks, but I refuse to plunk $10 for a pair of socks.

Feyonce.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

So I went to a group workout last night that some of the local runners put on, they call it UTBF (Ultimate Total Body Fitness).  It kicked my butt!!  Pullups, dips, planks (regular, side, spiderman, etc.), pushups, squats, lunges, and more that I'm not even remembering.  Great stuff.  I'm a lil sore, and I learned that I'm a lot weaker in my upper body and my balance than I thought.  I think this will be a good addition to my workouts.  Might start going to their Wednesday speed work sessions too.

8.3 this morning, should have been 10, but I had to detour for some aggressive loose dogs (3).  This is now multiple encounters with the same dogs from the same house, and this was the most aggressive they've been.  I'm done, calling Animal Control today.  They're lucky I don't carry (yet), or I would have shot at least the leader of the pack this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day!! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Little Blue

it was on the chilly side.

What do these words mean?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Supposed to get some major rain in the PM in San Antonio - yeah, right, we'll see if that happens or not - so up this morning at 5 a.m. and off to the YMCA.  Explored a 'new' neighborhood around the Y and got in 3.5 miles on an EXCELLENT run/walk, felt great the whole way even though the temp was already 75 degrees, the humidity near 90% and the dewpoint in the 70s.  Also encountered two folks out walking their dogs and handed out treats to these very friendly dogs.  After that, they wanted to go with me instead of going with their humans, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt