Beginners and Beyond

The calm before the Saturdailies (Read 28 times)

delicate flower

Happy Weekend!  Looks like we've got about 4-5 hours before Mother Nature unleashes her rainy fury on us, so I need to get moving with my 50 mile bike ride.  I don't know when 50 miles became a short ride, but here I am.

Dinner and Guardians 2 with the Oskis later.

What's up.

<3

Cyberic

Turns out we will be spared from the heavy showers after all. We'll get rain but you guys will get most of it by far.

DD has two back to back soccer practices and that is a terrific running opportunity, but I'm tapering. I'll still change my schedule to run my 'long  run' today (90 minutes) and will run 60 minutes tomorrow, in the rain. That will bring me to high fourties in weekly mileage and it makes sense.

Even if I know about tapering, I'm still a little surprised by the heavy legs I have.

Good day. I wish you as little rain as possible.

Half Crazy K 2.0

It seems like the heaviest of the rain is over & on it's way to Baboon. I'm having my coffee & bagel and will go see how poorly I can run a 5k.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 6.5 over last miles.  The rain is pretty much over for us, and we are supposed to have sunshine and about 70F by lunch.  I can deal with that.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

Looks like most of the really bad stuff passed well east of us.

I'm finishing up my coffee and then will head out for 10 miles.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 9 with strides coming up.  We should hit 100F heat indexes today, being that the high is 92F or something like that.  Good times!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

May have gone sub 21.

2.4 mile course FFS, again. What did I do to piss off the running gods?

Cyberic

Ran for 90 minutes. 11.75 miles.

May have gone sub 21.

JHC.

Dave

LRB

May have gone sub 21.

That's inexcusable in this day and age, and yet it seems to be the rule rather than the exception where you are.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yea, this is crazy. Apparently they placed an arrow AFTER we were supposed to turn right. The only volunteer there was also Manning a water station, so no one turned. 

To their credit, the RD knew immediately and was telling everyone as they came around the last corner that they screwed up. At least they were open about it.

No more marathons

Ran for 90 minutes. 11.75   10.5 miles.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

When your long run for the week is also your quickest paced run, is that an indication that you're running your long runs too fast?

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

I call that BULLSHIT 'round these parts.  That just leaves you feeling so empty after a race.

I rode.  52 miles at 17.7 mph.  Hilly the first half, flat and fast the second half.  45 degrees.  I got a half mile into my ride and had to go back home and put more layers on.  My feet froze.  I should have worn my shoe covers.  FFS June is in two goddamn weeks!  

<3

No more marathons

Yea, this is crazy. Apparently they placed an arrow AFTER we were supposed to turn right. The only volunteer there was also Manning a water station, so no one turned. 

To their credit, the RD knew immediately and was telling everyone as they came around the last corner that they screwed up. At least they were open about it.

That really sux.  FFS, there are really only two things an RD needs to provide - an accurate course, and a safe venue.

Everything else is gravy.

He's a leaker!