Beginners and Beyond

Is Your Garmin Waterproof? (Read 292 times)

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Mitch,

you have already gotten all the responses but my 305 has a leak (from when I fell on it in Houston last year) and I run with it in the rain, once the screen gets wet (on the inside) I toss it in a bag of rice over night and the water goes away.  You can use real dessicant if you can get ahold of some but rice (uncooked) works fine.

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Everyone has already answered your questions.  I'm just here to say hi. 

HI!!!  Hope you're doing well. =)

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

I've had my 205 since 2008 and have run many, many miles with it in the rain without a problem.

Auhugh!!

notimeforthat

I posted this in the gear section but haven't seen any responses, so I thought my family here could help. I went for a run today in the rain, and my Garmin 205 is not waterproof. I put a sandwich bag over it, but was wondering if this would cause more harm by trapping in moisture. How do you protect yours? What are your thoughts?

Oh, and DW thought I was stupid, ha, she just doesn't understand!

Yes, I have the 810XT and it is water resistant. I swim in it during races and no issues.

hog4life

Hi Diana, and thanks to everyone else for the replies.

Yup, FR10 is waterproof to 50 meters.  I think it's ridiculous that they're not all completely waterproof, especially with how much the higher end models cost.  Hell, my $15 Wal-Mart special is waterproof. 

I hear ya..Over the years I've purchased several of those Timex Ironman watches (consistently about $40-50. over these years) and I've swam, showered, etc. with this watch w/o any issues.  The only time that I expect my FR10 to get wet is from sweat or rain.  Can someone submerged their FR in 50 meters of water and report back w/ the findings? Smile

CClay

Better than all of you

I've put in several miles in the lake with a 305 and a 110.  Never had a single issue.

SusanRachel

My 201 had no issues in the rain.  The 305 doesn't act like it has any issues, but it really doesn't like getting water in the speakers and they have died twice.  Next time they go, I'm taking it as a divine sign that I am supposed to upgrade.

Mmmmm...beer

I hear ya..Over the years I've purchased several of those Timex Ironman watches (consistently about $40-50. over these years) and I've swam, showered, etc. with this watch w/o any issues.  The only time that I expect my FR10 to get wet is from sweat or rain.  Can someone submerged their FR in 50 meters of water and report back w/ the findings? Smile

Dcrainmaker went swimming with the 10 as part of his review, and said there were no issues.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!