Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES - Are You On The Naughty Or Nice List? (Read 225 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I was just given a lovely box of dark chocolates.

B-Plus

LRB - There are many shorts in sale at RW today if you're still looking. Not a huge discount, but may be worth checking out if you haven't already. RMTB - I'm becoming too predictable. I better make sure my routes are hidden. Baboon - Pass the cookies! What's an Italian cookie, btw?

delicate flower

Italian cookies.  Though now I am in the mood for brownies and chocolate.

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Weight training today, haven't done that for a while. Use it or lose it - I lost a little strength, but it'll come back.

So I'm plotting out my training for the next 2-3 weeks. I have a 4 mile race on 12/31. My plan is somewhat basic, and has to fit within my crazy work schedule.

Here it is, roughly:

12/14 - 5-6 miles, hills.

12/15 - 3-4 miles, evening easy run, through a flat neighborhood with (hopefully) Christmas lights out.

12/16 - Long run, around 10 miles.

12/18 - 4 easy miles

12/19 - 4 easy miles

12/21 - 5 miles, hills

12/23 - 5-6 miles, intervals, 3X1600

12/24 - 4 miles, easy

12/26 - 4 miles, easy

12/27 - 5-6 miles, tempo pace

12/29 - 4 miles, easy pace

12/31 - race

This should fit in with my work schedule and my quick trip to Jacksonville for Christmas. Not sure where the shopping will fit in though.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

B-Plus

OMG, I have so much to learn about cookies. I can now see why you're so happy.
            Docket_Rocket

I was just given a lovely box of dark chocolates.

At least you are at the office and not at home like me.  :-(

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Shakedown Street

Wow...seriously, wow. this is the sexiest thing I have seen today. Italian cookies and espresso.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Purple Toes

Good Afternoon Runners!

Well, cookies seem to be the theme today!   Good thing I have my delicious, cardboard low-carb snack to stave off my cravings Roll eyes

Looks like there are some nice workouts going on today. I had a nice run myself. It was my 2nd time running this route (rolling hills with one rather big long hill at mile 3) and despite the remaining snow/ice on the roads I shaved 6 seconds off my pace from the last time I ran it. Ok, not much, but then I wasn't really looking at my watch. I was aiming for easy pace as my hamstrings/glutes still tight from yesterday's run and the roads still had some slippery spots. My neighbor's dog bandited my run--I probably have him to thank, he's a pretty good pacer.  8.75 miles including some strides to warm up.

@runjerseygirl

Amy: That's a tough run today!  I hope it goes well.

B-Plus: Nice little AM run.  Doubling again, I imagine!

SIAR: Ohhh, it sounds like you had a nice, hard run today.  Great last mile, too!  Your clothes tell the story...

Phil: It so is!  Woot!

Docket: Yep - that's hot.

Luke: What a huge milestone to be back at 10 again!  I'm so freaking happy for you!

Kay: That sounds like an emotional little run there...cathartic, I hope?

Heidi, it's been a rough few weeks.  Running is about the only thing keeping my head on right.

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

Heidi, it's been a rough few weeks.  Running is about the only thing keeping my head on right.

Hugs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Awww, Kay, I want to give you a big ole hug!  You are always so positive and upbeat...I wouldn't have known.  I hope things turn around for you soon.  I'm glad you have the running to give you some cheap therapy/provide a bit of an escape for you.

@runjerseygirl

Thanks, D. Heidi, I'll be okay. My issues are so so minor in the long run, but for the moment, it feels like I have a hole in my chest.

Do you even run?

Just found a cool app (well okay, it was recommended by a buddy).  It's called LoseIt! .... 

Although my weight has been pretty steady the last couple months, I have not been very good with my eating (and look at all the food in this thread.. oh brother..), so I hope this will help me drop 10 more pounds.  I'm sure there are other apps just like this, but you enter what you eat, your excercise, your goals and it gives you a calorie budget and a bunch of cool tracking/logging features.

I'm sure this will have the side effect of motivating my running... as I chase the net calories LOL.

My no running streak is at 4 days unless I don't run today then it will be 5. I think I may try out my knuckle lights for the first time tonight though.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I just got another email: "Brownies in the kitchen".  Crap.  I blame you, baboon.

me too. >Surprised

StepbyStep-SH

I have cookies in my kitchen - nya-nya! Of course, the ones I made last night all spread out into one huge cookie while they were baking. Not pretty, and just OK as cookies go - so much for that new recipe.

I had a good run today, even if it was on the TM. Ended up with 7 miles in 1:03:14, including 5x1000 @ HMP - paces were 8:06, 8:00, 8:00, 8:00, 7:53. Hamstrings weren't happy about following that up immediately with a strength training class, but I still did 85% of the class with my normal weights. I did, however, do some of the lunges with bodyweight only to focus on balance and range of motion.

Oh - I also got a package in the mail today with a medal from the 5k I ran on Sunday - apparently my "just have fun" 25:45ish time was good enough for 3rd place in my AG. Cool

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.