Beginners and Beyond

THURSDAILIES - Are You On The Naughty Or Nice List? (Read 225 times)

Docket_Rocket

I finished my miles.  My back is still sore but other than that and very tired legs, it went really well.  It was super windy (15mph) so I had deja vu feelings about my asthma/allergy attack but nothing happened and it went well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ball of Fury

Sorry guys just time for a quick post, will get to personals tomorrow.  I decided to sleep in this morning (til 6:00 AM, yippee), because I worked late last night.  So, I had to do my 10-miler after work, which I hate!  I almost skipped it but DH basically told me to suck it up, thank goodness, and I got it done.  10 miles at 8:55/mile...was planning to do a GMP run, but got a little faster on the second half because I was freezing!!  Hope everyone had a good day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Luke79

The other day, this guy on the news (not local, but national) told this chick to google Guster, Ramona.  I can't get over it..I mean, something COOL actually happened on "the news" man.  wow. 

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Just got back from my run... 2 miles, last taper day.  Training for my first 1/2 is officially over! Now just need to carbo load, hydrate, and rest before the big day.

Just finished my last exam today as well. I am now half of an attorney as they say (3/6 semesters complete).  

seeamyrun- i hope you enjoyed your day off!

baboon - mmm cookies

docket_rocket - same thing happened to me today... got an email about cheesecake in the office today, but I was out of the office because of exams! AHHH!

runtomrun- i've been looking forward to adding weights back in too, nice plan!

kayPS- I hope things turn around soon!

Mmmmm...beer

Outstanding run!!  8 miles @ 7:22/mile, my fastest daily run ever.  I was aware of the pace, but didn't have to push to maintain it, legs felt strong so I let 'em go. 

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Just got back from my run... 2 miles, last taper day.  Training for my first 1/2 is officially over! Now just need to carbo load, hydrate, and rest before the big day.

Just finished my last exam today as well. I am now half of an attorney as they say (3/6 semesters complete).  

seeamyrun- i hope you enjoyed your day off!

baboon - mmm cookies

docket_rocket - same thing happened to me today... got an email about cheesecake in the office today, but I was out of the office because of exams! AHHH!

runtomrun- i've been looking forward to adding weights back in too, nice plan!

kayPS- I hope things turn around soon!

The nerve!  And they do this all the time.  I tend to respond with like AGAIN?  They know that when they bring donuts they better save me two...or more. Blush

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB - There are many shorts in sale at RW today if you're still looking. Not a huge discount, but may be worth checking out if you haven't already.

Thanks for the heads up!  I have zeroed in on two pair of their Pearl Izumi's that have modest discounts, but are well worth springing for. 

I'm gonna sleep on it then wake up and pick one.  I would buy both pair but do us runners honestly really ever splurge on ourselves? 

Contrary to popular myth; no, we don't.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for the heads up!  I have zeroed in on two pair of their Pearl Izumi's that have modest discounts, but are well worth springing for. 

I'm gonna sleep on it then wake up and pick one.  I would buy both pair but do us runners honestly really ever splurge on ourselves? 

Contrary to popular myth; no, we don't.

You are definitely NOT related to me.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

You are definitely NOT related to me.

Lol, or me. Kay - I hope you feel better. D2 - wicked awesome run! It's raining like a mofo, but I can't put off going out. Ok, I'm heading out for 11ish. I should be soaked as soon as I step outside.
                    outoftheblue

Just got back from a nice 6.25 tempo run -- light breeze and setting sun.  

Life is good.

Jane

10 miles on the work TM with just over 6 miles (48 minutes) at MP.  At about 45 minutes into the MP miles one of my co-workers pulled a run Jane run on the office PA system.  I flipped him off via the security camera (for if we happen to look at it 10 minutes after you had a heart attack).

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

Mmmmm...beer

Lol, or me. Kay - I hope you feel better. D2 - wicked awesome run! It's raining like a mofo, but I can't put off going out. Ok, I'm heading out for 11ish. I should be soaked as soon as I step outside.

Thanks!  If the forecast had been for rain all day, I would have just sucked it up and ran this morning, but since it was supposed to clear up before lunch, I figured it wouldn't hurt to wait. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Outstanding run!!  8 miles @ 7:22/mile, my fastest daily run ever.  I was aware of the pace, but didn't have to push to maintain it, legs felt strong so I let 'em go. 

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

Nice run, DtotheDrizzleFoShizzle.

Someone at work today told me I look "Very fit."  That was nice to hear.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Nice run, DtotheDrizzleFoShizzle.

Someone at work today told me I look "Very fit."  That was nice to hear.  

LOL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Shari:  FANTASTIC job on those intervals and, well, the whole run today.  Very nice!

Damaris: Great working getting your miles in.  I'm sorry to hear that your back is still bugging you, but it sounds like a strong run all in all.  Woot!

Amik: That was a great, very fast 10 miler today.  Nicely done!!!

Buchy: Congrats on surviving training!  I hope the HM goes well.  I can't wait to hear all about it!

D2:  Excellent job on the 8 at 7:22 - blistering pace.  Nice!

Out of the Blue: Great job on the tempo today!

Neverrow: AWESOME, blazing fast 10 miler, Jane.  I would've kicked his butt - I'm not going to lie - for that little "funny." 

15 miles in at 8:32 pace.  I felt great, so I just kept running and running and running and...