Beginners and Beyond

Coffee Delivery (Read 109 times)

LRB

Geessh I'm old. I remember watching coverage on the news. 

I remember that coverage too, lines of cars backed up for miles.  And the sound of a typewriter that never stopped in the background of most evening news shows.

Speaking of news shows, I am not sure if you grew up over here but here's a think fast for ya?  Do you remember how ABC's nightly new show began?  I watched the very first show, which began as coverage for the hostage crisis in Iran.

They actually had a running day total something like "Iran Hostage Crisis Day 27" and so on.  Ultimately, it became the world nightly news.

Just B.S.

Speaking of news shows, I am not sure if you grew up over here but here's a think fast for ya?  Do you remember how ABC's nightly new show began?  I watched the very first show, which began as coverage for the hostage crisis in Iran.

I think that question was for Dave. But for me, no. I grew up on CBC coverage. And Hockey Night in Canada.

I can hum the theme song if you would like?

LRB

For me no. I grew up on CBC coverage. And Hockey Night in Canada.

Don Cherry; like or dislike, love or hate?

Just B.S.

LOVE/HATE/LOVE/HATE/LOVE HAHAHA But mostly love that he says what he thinks and never

backs down from it. He will apologize occassionaly if he was truly in the wrong or hurt someone

untowardly  but still stands by his positions.

Plus he is a huge supporter of our Canadian Vets. Makes me laugh with his outfits and cry with

his huge heart.

happylily

Hate. Definitely hate... A jerk who makes a living being a jerk. And we think that's cute. We're morons.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

LOVE/HATE/LOVE/HATE/LOVE HAHAHA But mostly love that he says what he thinks

and never backs down from it. Plus he is a huge supporter of our Canadian Vets.

That is funny, and so accurate!  He wasn't a big fan of the Wings' Russian Five but for the most part gave  the D its proper's the past 20 + years.  Some of his suits are out there though!  He's funny.

We could always get CBC so Benny Hill, Monty Python and a few others where regulars for me growing up.

Better I Leave

I remember that coverage too, lines of cars backed up for miles.  And the sound of a typewriter that never stopped in the background of most evening news shows.

They actually had a running day total something like "Iran Hostage Crisis Day 27" and so on.  Ultimately, it became the world nightly news.

I remember that. I remember watching news coverage of the Vietnam War too. Watergate and Nixon's resignation was a biggie as well. Yep...I'm an old geezer. Big grin

Back on the subject of coffee...I've often said that I would love to open a coffee shop where I roasted my own beans and served only vacuum brewed coffees and espresso. I believe there are some specialty coffee shops like that in the urban areas that do quite well.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't think there are any here, Evansville sucks Joking. I'll do a bit of research real quick.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Better I Leave

I don't think there are any here, Evansville sucks Joking. I'll do a bit of research real quick.

If they do, and you REALLY like coffee, you've got to try a vacuum brewed coffee. Vacuum brewing used to be the preferred method prior to WWII in America. In fact, I switched from a glass Bodum-Santos brewer to a vintage (circa 1935) Sunbeam C30 vacuum brewer that not only brews a damn fine "cup o' joe", but is a work of art as well (back when craftsmanship meant something)...

**Note the art deco engraving on the bottom half**