Beginners and Beyond

How Do You Track Your Shoe Mileage? (Read 75 times)

Since I just ordered two pairs of shoes from Running Warehouse this afternoon, I thought I would actually track the mileage for each pair of running shoes.  How do you track your running shoe mileage?  A homemade Excel spreadsheet or perhaps an online app?

Pardon me if this question has been posted previously.

Thanks.

Rich

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

happylily

A pen and a piece of paper. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Add your shoes as equipment under your training log, then select whichever shoe you ran in when you enter each run.

Or, mark it on a calendar.  I used to do that. 

happylily

Oh, and a calculator. I like it complicated.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Birdwell

Add your shoes as equipment under your training log, then select whichever shoe you ran in when you enter each run.

Or, mark it on a calendar.  I used to do that. 

This.

One of the great features of the RunningAhead.com log.

Docket_Rocket

I use the log here.  I used to keep a spreadsheet but this log is easier.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Since I just ordered two pairs of shoes from Running Warehouse this afternoon, I thought I would actually track the mileage for each pair of running shoes.  How do you track your running shoe mileage?  A homemade Excel spreadsheet or perhaps an online app?

Pardon me if this question has been posted previously.

Thanks.

Rich

There is a great website called "RunningAhead.com", with a training log allowing you to track shoe mileage. You should check it out.

Dave

delicate flower

There is a great website called "RunningAhead.com", with a training log allowing you to track shoe mileage. You should check it out.

Someone told me about that website before and I thought the equipment logging feature was pretty sweet so I have been using it ever since.

<3

Thanks everyone for the info!

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I use a running log spreadsheet that I snagged off the internet a couple of years ago. It allows to track up to 5 pair of shoes. Unfortunately, I have more than 5. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Birdwell

The RunningAhead log track as many pieces of equipment as you'd like it to.

you can even hide shoes you no longer use.

There are days I look at everything you can do with it and I realize I haven't even scratched the surface.

Docket_Rocket

The RunningAhead log track as many pieces of equipment as you'd like it to.

you can even hide shoes you no longer use.

There are days I look at everything you can do with it and I realize I haven't even scratched the surface.

I can attest that it tracks as many as you have.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I can attest that it tracks as many as you have.

Indeed.  I have multiple pages' worth. 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Zelanie

The equipment log here rocks.   Plus once you use it you can keep track of the cost per mile of each pair of shoes, and do fun stuff like search for all the runs you've had in the same pair of shoes, etc.

Dad on the run.

I use this training log to log miles, never knew I could log my shoes as well, guess I should pay attention more. I have just been using Nike+

Chasing the sub 20 5K.