Beginners and Beyond

We do shit around here on Fridays, too. (Read 35 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I did 2:00 on the trainer, and liked it.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

workinprogress11

Boot day 59. I’ve been busy AF at work this week so happy Friday to us all!

delicate flower

Happy Friday, kids!  I swam 4000 yards before work.  That's 2.3 miles.  I've done a week's worth of swimming in the past 27 hours and my arms and shoulders are feeling it.  I finished my swim this morning and my arms were shaking.  Good stuff.  I've got an easy run to do later.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  It's my Friday off so yay me.  I have Pilates and 14 with 5 @ MP tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ran 7.

I limited my contact with the toilet seat this morning to about 60 seconds. It was weird. I don't even know who I am anymore.

delicate flower

I limited my contact with the toilet seat this morning to about 60 seconds. It was weird. I don't even know who I am anymore.

That doesn't give you enough time to check your phone.  

<3

sdWhiskers

Day 5 of no running and the legs are getting antsy. I'll probably run a little Sat and Sun, then take it from there. I have a HM next Saturday--it remains to be seen whether I jog it or be more aggressive.

Just signed up for a 5K mid January on flat course to see where I'm at for my Spring of Speed. It was only $35!! Haven't done a 5K for <$50 in a few years.

After a great training cycle, I want to get my coach a nice gift, especially since I don't pay her. Suggestions? Thinking gift card to Trader Joes + something else.

sdWhiskers

That doesn't give you enough time to check your phone.  

Yes, please tell my husband this can be done: bathroom WITHOUT your phone.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yes, please tell my husband this can be done: bathroom WITHOUT your phone.

The phone just replaces the newspaper from years ago. Or books & magazines.

I used to work near the "nice" men's room. Guys would walk upstairs with reading material in hand.

Cyberic

I used to work near the "nice" men's room. Guys would walk upstairs with reading material in hand.

I've always done quick work in that department. Maybe that's why I'm so full of shit the rest of the day.

LRB

I was always discreet with that. What I was going to do was my little secret, or so I thought. 

LRB

It was 24 when I left for my run so I wore this new super thin quarter zip top. I never felt overheated and actually unzipped it near the end but was cold as hell for a couple of hours after my run.

Cyberic

It was 24 when I left for my run so I wore this new super thin quarter zip top. I never felt overheated and actually unzipped it near the end but was cold as hell for a couple of hours after my run.

Smile

This morning I overdressed. Actually the pants I wore have wind stopper material in front, and my jacket has that too. No wind reaching my skin: I sweated (I have no idea how to put that verb in the past tense).

LRB

Smile

This morning I overdressed. Actually the pants I wore have wind stopper material in front, and my jacket has that too. No wind reaching my skin: I sweated (I have no idea how to put that verb in the past tense).

It's kind of what I'm experimenting with; limiting sweat. My go-to jacket is fine in that area, it's just that it's all black and I am looking for something a little more visible that doesn't trap heat and become a virtual sauna.

Cyberic

It's kind of what I'm experimenting with; limiting sweat. My go-to jacket is fine in that area, it's just that it's all black and I am looking for something a little more visible that doesn't trap heat and become a virtual sauna.

That is what I think is the best avenue, limiting sweat. Of course, while we experiment, on some days we underdress.