Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES : Caffeine Addicts Unite (Read 54 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top 'O the Mornin', Lads and Lasses!

Beth, that Ireland trip sounds awesome! I think you'll enjoy it!

Step - I can't believe that you can run that far on the treadmill. That's amazing in itself!

RMT3B, your mileage and paces continue to amaze me!

Me? Well, I got a great nights' sleep last night. 9 hours. The body needed it after yesterday's great 10 mile run. I'm going to head out this afternoon and put in 3 or 4 easy miles. I start day shifts tomorrow, so I won't be able to squeeze in any exceptional runs the next 4 days. Hopefully, there'll be enough light after work that I can get some outdoor runs in though.

But for now, coffee's on and there's plenty for all. Today's blend is 50% decaf Vienna Roast and 50% Ethiopian Harrar, all freshly ground. With a dash of cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg in the basket. I can't believe what a coffee-haulic I've become...

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

CrisRuns

Good morning. I am resting today, and I truly need it.

Be well and have a good day,

Cris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

AFM:  no race today in our area Cry  - which probably makes my doc happy Wink.   I'm waiting for Gail to get home from church and then we are going to go over to the park for a nice outing.  Temp right now (8:45 am. central time) is already 62 degrees and will be 70 degrees by the time we go to the park.  Humidity is a whopping 96 percent!  Here is our temp forecast for highs for the rest of the week:  Mon-78  Tues-82  Wed-71 Thurs-72  Fri-71  Sat-71 Sun-72.  Crazy Mother Nature. This time of year our temps are usually in the mild low 60s for a high.  With these temps already,  I'm guessing our summer temps this year are going to be super high!

Yesterday I did Race #7 for 2013.  My report with the photos is on the main page somewhere.  I did pretty well, 33:03 chip time, averaging 10:40 per mile, even with 5 photo stops.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Y'all really are addicted to that coffee stuff! Joking  That is one habit I never got the taste for.

Good luck with your miles and the gym workout, Basya!

Disc golf?  Good luck with your long run, Shirfan!

Congrats on your 22, INS!  I'd have to take 5 rest days after that, lol.

Good luck with your long run April.  Enjoy that 'balmy' 32.

Good luck with the upcoming 10, Just B.S.!    I just got out of bed myself.  My cat had me 'trapped" so I couldn't disturb her while she was laying on me sleeping, right? Wink  Wow, sounds like a nice trip!

Congrats on your LR yesterday, Weezer.  Enjoy the TM run.

Hope your training goes well, Kay!  So sorry you are still have ITB issues.  Have you thought about maybe trying this thing called ART - http://www.activerelease.com/.  Some of my local area fellow runners swear by it, others think it's a bunch of hoodoo.   You might consider trying it and see if it helps.  If not, you're no worse off than you were before.   I admit, though, I've never tried it, either.

Good luck with your run today, Step. Kinda creepy about the car yesterday, sorry that turned your run into a knee-scraping adventure run.

Good luck with the 20, RM23B!

Good luck with your miles today, Tom.  Enjoy the day shift!  I work 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. so I still have some daylight to run in when I get off work.  The days do seem to bet getting a bit longer now though.  When do we do Daylight Savings this year?

Hope the rest helps you, Cris!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

hog4life

Hey there Dailies. Coffee and oatmeal are done and getting ready for church. Most likely a RD after I did a 15 mile LR yesterday. My legs are a little stiff this morning after that new distance. If my legs loosen up later, I might go out for a few recovery miles.

Mitch

Jess runs for bacon

Trying to get off my butt to get on the TM. Same as usual, run until it starts to hurt. Gets a little longer each time Smile

Just B.S., the trip sounds amazing! The wife & I had a similar trip years ago (sans Marathon) and had a fabulous time. Should be no problem maintaining the carb levels, potatoes a-plenty. All the talk about coffee & Ireland this morning makes me want an Irish coffee. But maybe wait till after the run.

Bit of a weird morning; up at 4AM due to some kind of allergy problems, decided to have a bowl of cereal as long as I was up. Went back to bed after a couple hours & slept till 9:30; debating whether to run right away or later. But the wife had made some delicious baked French toast with berries on top (would have posted a photo but thought that would be too Facebooky). So decided to have a hobbit-inspired 2nd breakfast, and will run later. Warming up well into the 20's today, and sunny, so won't even be able to complain about the weather.

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Gym workout: done. 30 minutes on the elliptical, keeping the incline at 1 to go easy on the knee, but varying the resistance between 1 and 10. Hip and core exercises, and lots of stretching. Now....coffee. Then.....errands. Enjoy your Saturday!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

13.5 this morning before the snow/ice mix rolls in.

outoftheblue

I'm drinking dark french roast as I read this.  *Bliss*

No running for me today, but I'm going to meet my mother for a hike and lunch.  She turns 70 in a couple of days, but is still hiking, running and golfing.   She's my hero.

Life is good.

AprilRunner, I hope that you enjoy your 8-10.

Gustav, it's good to see you back in action.

Just B.S., have a great run later. How exciting that Ireland will be a reality or you and DH!

Weezer, enjoy your 4.0 on the TM.

kristin10185, I'm happy that your workout was a success.

Kay, congratulations on starting your HM training!

Shari, I hope that your 12+ go well.

Heidi, I'm sure that you'll have a much better run than you expect.

Tom, nine hours of sleep? I'm jealous. Enjoy your easy run later.

CrisRuns, have a relaxing and refreshing rest day.

Mitch, I hope that you have a great day, no matter what you do.

lilac_jive, have an amazing run.

DaveP MI, breakfast sounds yummy! It should be excellent fuel for today's run.

Fuzzy, I'm glad that you did your run before the weather worsened.

outoftheblue, have a great time with your mom. That you two can share activity together is so cool!

14.0 miles in 2:25:21 10:27 pace. I managed without fuel or water. I had no choice about the water; it had frozen in my Camelbak before mile 4.0. When I left the house, it was 14F (felt like 3F). When I finished my run, it was a balmy 23F (feels like 9F).

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I do love coffee. I especially love Cameron's brand, Chocolate Mint with a little bit of french vanilla cream.

I ran 9 miles this morning. Whoo! Got out there before the rain.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Supp Clique!

10 easy done.  It was cold (12 degrees) but lots of sun made it tolerable.  Busy busy, I'll check back later.

@runjerseygirl

I do love coffee. I especially love Cameron's brand, Chocolate Mint with a little bit of french vanilla cream.

I ran 9 miles this morning. Whoo! Got out there before the rain.

That sounds like heaven in a cup!

Do you even run?

Better I Leave

**pours self a nicely vacuum brewed Nicaraguan Acopio Suyatal and passes the carafe**

Mornin' all. Anyone care for a taste?

I'm really torn about running today. I've taken the last 2 days off from running (just lifting) and my hip is feeling really good. My HM is coming up in one week and I'd really like to be going into it entirely pain free, but I feel I should be training...Talk about a dilemma.