Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES : Caffeine Addicts Unite (Read 54 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That sounds like heaven in a cup!

OOooohhh it is Approve

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87, great job finishing your run before the rain arrives.

Rick, another excellent cold-weather run.

PineGroveDave, can you do a short easy run on a soft surface?

Better I Leave

PineGroveDave, can you do a short easy run on a soft surface?

Yeah, I think I can. I just gotta tell myself not to push it. I do that sometimes to my detriment. Maybe an easy 3 today and a nice, slow pace just to get the heart going and blood pumping. Smile

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A disappointing and mediocre pair of races at the track meet: mile in 7:57.69, 3 seconds slower than 2 weeks ago, and 800m in 3:38.33, almost identical to two weeks ago. Felt flat during the races  and in the mile my arms and head felt cold like I wasn't getting any circulation. Several other runners commented on conditions being slow and breathing difficult so maybe it wasn't all me. anyway I have a month before I race again and hope to get in some good training as that will be my last planned indoor meet this season. Hopefully I get a full race report up later.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Finishing a mug of Pike Place (on Rick's recommendation) before hitting the road.  DW is out of town so there's no one to annoy with my caffeine buzz.

Sleet and ice for us today. I think ill try the treadmill in a few for 3 miles slow and easy .

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Back from the ING Miami Marathon.  It sucked, ha!  Left a lot of food somewhere in Miami, as I threw up a lot.  At least I finished while at least two runners were unconscious and being worked up at Miles 11 and 13.  I hope they lived.  They were young.

Now off to eat a whole bag of Cheetos!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Better I Leave

Hi, guys.  Back from the ING Miami Marathon.  It sucked, ha!  Left a lot of food somewhere in Miami, as I threw up a lot.  At least I finished while at least two runners were unconscious and being worked up at Miles 11 and 13.  I hope they lived.  They were young.

Whoa...Sorry about the heaves there Damaris. Two runners down and unconscious? That's not good at all. Sad

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sorry to hear, Damaris Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

If you continue to have problems keeping food and drink down, don't hestitate to visit the ER. You need to get refueled and rehydrated.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

PineGroveDave, I know what you mean about having to remind yourself to not push it. It's why I've taken to doing recovery runs on the TM, which, as much as I dislike it, keeps me in check.

wcrunner2, I also hope that your training is if good quality. Run well.

Scott, enjoy your three-miler.

Damaris, congratulations! Enjoy some easy-on-the-tummy well-earned yumminess and liquids now.

I've foam rolled my legs and butt. I relaxed in bed for about an hour. Now, I'm off to the gym.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Wow, D. Hope those two are okay. You too. Take it easy today.

10.04 done. I had a "suck it up, buttercup" moment in mile 5 which gave me motivation to do 10. The last mile was fast for me and it felt good.

LRB

That puts my weekly mileage at 4.5 for the week - woohoo!

Sa-Weet!

Supp Basya, Scott, Beth, April, Tom, David, X, Kristin, KPS, Cris, Dave, Fuzzy, FreeSoul, PGD, George, and Sparker!

OOTB, enjoy the precious time with mom!

Lilac, sigh.

Nice race Scotty!

Congrats on the new distance Mitch!

Shari, have you considered reporting that?

Jay, what did you think of it?  Some people don't like it.

Docket, that sounds rough.  Get some fluids and electrolytes in you if you haven't already.

Me, I'm just chilling right now.  I will be incorporating speed work into my schedule next week and judging from my struggles yesterday holding half marathon pace, I have my work cut out for me.

Still, I remain upbeat as it has been five months since I ran 5k pace, so it's going to take some time before I am even able run in the mid 7:00's comfortably, let alone sub-7:00's and I am cool with that.

Just B.S.

So sorry about that! The "Turtles" were tracking you over at RWOL and when I saw 2:14 at the half

I  thought you had a good chance for a PR!!

Then hubby and I went out for our 10 miles and I came back to read this.Sad

Hope you are feeling better soon.  We had friends from home running there  today.

runmomto3boys

20 miles done with 8 at MP. Overall pace: 7:59. MP miles: 7:30 (ran 'em faster than projected b/c I was at the indoor track).  Finished the week with 80+ miles.