Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES : Caffeine Addicts Unite (Read 54 times)

Jess runs for bacon

How's the ITBS rehab going for you?

Not bad. Each day it gets better. Just not fast enough, of course. But glad I can run, as long as I listen to my body.

Basya, take lots of pics!!!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good to hear!!

Not bad. Each day it gets better. Just not fast enough, of course. But glad I can run, as long as I listen to my body.

Basya, take lots of pics!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

Some great runs all around!

BS - That's really exciting about the marathon.

Docket - I hope you're feeling better now.

SIAR - No worries, share away. Better to do it here than to bore your real life friends about it.

7.5 @ 8:12 and 68 miles for the week. I also signed up for 2 races today. My spring race calendar is almost set.

Jay: What a great LR today.  Nicely done!!!  Are you Pfitzing it for Boston?

At this point I'm doing my own thing, loosely based on Pfitz.  All the moving stuff really ate into my time over the past several weeks, and it's only now that I'm starting to feel settled again.

The new plan is to just enjoy the experience at Boston this year, run a decent race without risking a blowup, and then shoot for my sub 3 this fall after an uninterrupted training cycle.

BruceD555

Very late to the dailies but I love the title ... I choose coffee as my Caffeine addiction!

After reading several posts about indoor tracks I actually looked into it and found a 200m indoor on campus! So, today's long run with MP was divided into part outdoors in the freezing rain/snow/sleet and then a quick change of clothes/shoes to run MP indoors. It felt SOOOOO good to be able to run on dry ground AND in shorts/t-shirt. Did 14 slow miles outside with 7 more on the track at 7:38 pace ... faster than MP but I just couldn't resist.

Train smart ... race smarter.

runmomto3boys

Very late to the dailies but I love the title ... I choose coffee as my Caffeine addiction!

After reading several posts about indoor tracks I actually looked into it and found a 200m indoor on campus! So, today's long run with MP was divided into part outdoors in the freezing rain/snow/sleet and then a quick change of clothes/shoes to run MP indoors. It felt SOOOOO good to be able to run on dry ground AND in shorts/t-shirt. Did 14 slow miles outside with 7 more on the track at 7:38 pace ... faster than MP but I just couldn't resist.

Right?????  I feel the same way on my track runs, Bruce!  It's a welcome change from the outdoor yuckiness, that's for sure.

Jay: That makes COMPLETE sense!  Good plan.