Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies: Spring is coming soon (Read 40 times)

zzyzx

Really it is.

I've not been taking rest days, just break from posting days. Abs/shoulder/triceps good exercise bike day today. Same as it ever was.

Cyberic

Run commute day

Runshortii

I slugged through 5 miles. Legs started to wake up the last mile. Probably last day being able to wear shorts for awhile

RunningWithMyDog

NYCM lottery day.

So my workout will be hitting the F5 button 27,834,983 times to check my email.

delicate flower

'Morning!  I had a good, hard swim this morning.  I'd have been sweating my butt off if I wasn't in the pool.  It felt great to walk outside into 35 degree temps when I finished.  My bike workout last night didn't quite go as well.  I had 8 x 3:00 hard intervals to do, but I got one minute into the second interval and gave up and just pedaled easy for an hour.  My legs just weren't in the mood.  Track run after work today.

<3

Runshortii

NYCM lottery day.

My co worker entered as well. Last year she got in, but when NYCM tried to charge her card, the credit card company declined it because they thought it was fraud, and so she didn’t get in 

onemile

NYCM lottery day.

I didn't know you applied. I am in.

RunningWithMyDog

My co worker entered as well. Last year she got in, but when NYCM tried to charge her card, the credit card company declined it because they thought it was fraud, and so she didn’t get in 

I got an email from them on Sunday - saying that I needed to change my credit card info, because it wasn't valid.

I hyperventilated, checked it, phoned VISA - everything fine.  I called them back, had NYCM check it - they send everything looked fine.

So I'm a little scared - cross-border credit card transactions can always be a little tricky.

RunningWithMyDog

I didn't know you applied. I am in.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you in?

Time qualifier?

I'll miss going up an age group for 2019 by two days.  Two frikkin' days!!!!

onemile

If you don't mind me asking, how are you in?

Time qualifier?

I'll miss going up an age group for 2019 by two days.  Two frikkin' days!!!!

Yeah I had a time qualifier. My old lady half QT is 1:34. I ran 1:31 last spring

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yeah I had a time qualifier. My old lady half QT is 1:34. I ran 1:31 last spring

Note to self:  don't try to run away from this old lady, she will catch and crush your ass.

I'm with RWMD, fingers crossed on the lottery for us slow folks.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

onemile

Note to self:  don't try to run away from this old lady, she will catch and crush your ass.

good luck to both of you!

Cyberic

RunningWithMyDog

I didn't get in last year, so that means that statistically I have a better chance this year of being selected, right?

Right?

Yeah, I know - but I'm telling myself it's true to make myself feel better.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I didn't get in last year, so that means that statistically I have a better chance this year of being selected, right?

Right?

Yeah, I know - but I'm telling myself it's true to make myself feel better.

Keep an eye on your CC.  That's the early indicator before any notification goes out.  And GOOD LUCK!!!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours