Beginners and Beyond

Cool as a Sundailies! (Read 35 times)

delicate flower

'Morning!  Currently 49 degrees/48 dew point.  I can't wait to hit the track in a bit.  I slept 18.5 hours over the last two nights.  Taper sleep!

Good luck to LRB, whom I believe is racing some distance at some race with some goal in mind at some point today.

<3

delicate flower

omg wake up.

<3

Cyberic

I saw onemile's result, but I'll let her post it herself.

Can't wait to hear from all the racers!

Ran 11, for a 67 mile week.

LRB

I came up short, team: 1:32:15.

Physically I felt fine, mentally it was a struggle for almost the entire thing, especially those last few miles. I was really trying but I just couldn't go any faster.

Obviously I'm down in the dumps, but I purposely chose this race in case I needed another crack at it this fall, so there is that. Also, I've been having a blast training this year, so hopefully I can take today and build on it, seeing as how this was my first real race effort in a very long time.

01 - 6:56

02 - 6:51

03 - 6:59

04 - 6:51

05 - 6:58

06 - 7:07

07 - 7:07

08 - 6:54

09 - 7:03

10 - 6:56

11 - 7:22

12 - 7:18

13 - 7:12

The course had ups and downs but nothing too that would classify it as hilly. I found it cruel however that mile 13 finished precisely atop a steep incline. Not that it would've mattered, but I thought I may have still had a chance until I got to that thing.

I'm gonna question my decision to go out at sub-7:00s instead of playing it safe and running 7:01s forever. Hindsight is a know it all Bitch, but I was trying to race the thing as fast as I could, so no regrets. Blah.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, LRB!  You are back!

After a while since you raced like this, it's a good sign.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Physically I felt fine, mentally it was a struggle for almost the entire thing, especially those last few miles. I was really trying but I just couldn't go any faster.

Obviously I'm down in the dumps, but I purposely chose this race in case I needed another crack at it this fall, so there is that. Also, I've been having a blast training this year, so hopefully I can take today and build on it, seeing as how this was my first real race effort in a very long time.

01 - 6:56

02 - 6:51

03 - 6:59

04 - 6:51

05 - 6:58

06 - 7:07

07 - 7:07

08 - 6:54

09 - 7:03

10 - 6:56

11 - 7:22

12 - 7:18

13 - 7:12

The course had ups and downs but nothing too that would classify it as hilly. I found it cruel however that mile 13 finished precisely atop a steep incline. Not that it would've mattered, but I thought I may have still had a chance until I got to that thing.

I'm gonna question my decision to go out at sub-7:00s instead of playing it safe and running 7:01s forever. Hindsight is a know it all Bitch, but I was trying to race the thing as fast as I could, so no regrets. Blah.

Yeah, man! Ok, you came up short, but by a couple of seconds. Disappointing in that you did not get in NYCM with this one, but to me, lounging in my pajamas with a race shirt as a top in Montreal, it is a joy to see you back at it!

That's a solid day at the office, especially for, you know, and old dude. And if I'm not mistaken still your fastest half in quite some time.

So when IS your next crack at it?

MTA - you buried the lead - congrats on the AG win!!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Can't wait to hear from all the racers!

Ran 11, for a 67 mile week.

OMG. Me too!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I haven't been around for a while, but since when do we do that?? Not in her log, I need to do some hunting.

MTA: prey hunted down. Holy crap.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

RIGHT?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

I haven't been around for a while, but since when do we do that?? Not in her log, I need to do some hunting.

MTA: prey hunted down. Holy crap.

I didn't even know she was racing. And yeah, since when do we keep it a secret?

<3

delicate flower

Still a darn fine time, and you whipped my ass from last week. And it's awesome that you are enjoying training again .  Smile

<3

delicate flower

I ran my 6 miles fast and somewhere around a tempo effort. I am not used to dropping 3-4 6:20's in a row. It felt great, tanks to rested legs and cold temps. I can't wait for fall races. I'm going to do good things.

<3

onemile

Sorry you missed the NYC cutoff LRB but it looks like a pretty well run race overall. Not a huge fade.

onemile

I ran 1:29:56 at fox cities today. Almost 2 min PR and I think 3rd female