Beginners and Beyond

What up doe Friday DAILIES! (Read 42 times)

LRB

Hi. Smile

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Please don't say 'doe", LRB...I got knocked down by one of those on my park trail run yesterday!  Stupid deer... 

Rest day for me today and I have the day off, as I am at the house today in 'waiting mode" for the shredder truck to show up and get rid of some old documents for me and Gail.  Very convenient that they come right to the house and you don't have to haul anything anywhere.

Nice run/walk in a local park yesterday, my favorite park.  However, it did turn into a little bit of an adventure for me, lol.  Some of the trails were quite slick with all the rain we had this past week and last weekend, and the park creek was overflowing in some places, so I had to 'negotiate" some of the trails a bit.  Also, the park deer for some reason seemed to be out in force.  So I ended up being knocked on my keister twice by deer leaping across the trail in front of me; slipped on one trail and did a splash-down in a giant puddle; and - with only about 1/4 mile left before I finished, hit a root and and down I went, banging my right knee on a rock on the way down....ouch!   Thankfully, it was not too bad and I was able to continue the rest of my run with no major discomfort.

This is what it looked like when I got home...

photo 001 3_zpszsmpvpc4.jpg

Didn't look too bad after I got it cleaned up, but still is a bit sore....and right below the bottom of it I have a nice little swollen "bump' on my knee.

photo 003 3_zpsu60wbkx4.jpg

Except for the slight knee damage, the run was actually quite a blast and lots of  fun!  And the knee seems to be okay, I can walk normally with no limp or any side effects that I''ve noticed, and was able to run too, so  it's all good.    Good thing too, because I have two races this weekend.  No big deal, though, worse comes to worse, I'll just walk them a lot of the way.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Bubble wrap. We need to cover Scottydawg in bubble wrap. - Glad it isn't too bad, Scotty!

6 miles of walk/wog - only about 15 1-minute segements - on the schedule. But I'm debating whether to do it on the rail-trail (much more beautiful) or around my neighborhood (less chance of having to hobble for two or three miles on an injured leg if something goes wrong, since my knee was a little wonky yesterday). Decisions, decisions.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

From the Internet.

Bubble wrap. We need to cover Scottydawg in bubble wrap. - Glad it isn't too bad, Scotty!

Seriously! You have the worst luck with deer, Scotty!

5 easy this morning. Thought I'd feel sluggish after running a workout yesterday but my legs were raring to go, it was weird! Feels like a switch got flipped 2 weeks ago and higher mileage is suddenly feeling SO, so much easier.

As long as I don't get hurt during my race, I honestly don't think I'll have any problem working my way back up to 50 mpw after taking a recovery week or two, which would be awesome because then I can go into marathon training in August with a more solid base than I thought I would have.

delicate flower

Looks like Scotty pulled a DaveP.  Healed up, Scotty!

'Morning!  My legs almost feel like normal legs today.  I've got my first real since the marathon planned after work, something in the four mile range.

<3

delicate flower

LRB, how'd you like the new Avengers movie?  Knowing what you look for in a movie, I am guessing you liked it.

<3

cjones1

Geez, Scotty!  Be careful, those things are mean.  My college had some wooded areas on campus and they finally had to put up signs during the deers mating season to stay away because they were getting, um, "aggressive" with the students.

I attempted a 4 mile "run" this morning.  I made it 3 miles and had to do the walk of shame for the last mile.  I think I honked up my calves worse than I thought in the race on Saturday.  I'm leaning towards just resting at least until Monday.  No sense in doing anything stupid.  Well, anything else stupid. Smile

I also apparently hosed up my Garmin in the rain on Saturday.  Waterproof my ass.  It only will stay on if it's plugged in.  Garmin wants $59 to replace it, which isn't terrible compared to buying a new one.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am itching to get out and run damn it, tomorrow morning Rocky and I will be hitting the trails for an easy 4-5 miler.

This morning I headed to the gym for shoulders and delts.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 12.5lbsX12reps, 15lbsX8reps, 12.5lbsX12reps, 15lbsX8reps, 12.5lbsX12reps, 15lbsX8reps
                  Converging Plate Loaded Overhead Press: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 70lbs
                  Rear Delt: 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps
                  Shoulder Shrugs: 27.5lbsX24reps, 30lbsX15reps, 27.5lbsX24reps, 30lbsX15reps, 27.5lbsX24reps, 30lbsX15reps
                  Front Plate Raises: 6 sets/ 12 reps/ 35 lbs

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi I'm back from my trip. My boss was with me. Long days and long evenings reviewing everything. 30 people came to the cont Ed program I taught. It went very well. I timed everything perfectly for the time it was supposed to take to present

4.3 today. Cooler so was nice to run in that.

Marjorie

LRB

Please don't say 'doe", LRB...I got knocked down by one of those on my park trail run yesterday!  Stupid deer... 

FFS man. lol

Zelanie

Hey dailies.  Yesterday I ran 3 here, then 3.5 to the running club picnic, then 3.5 back home.  It's a nice way to kind of pad my weekday miles and still feel like I have a chance to be social.  Today I just have a regular old 6-8 after work.

delicate flower

LRB, how'd you like the new Avengers movie?  Knowing what you look for in a movie, I am guessing you liked it.

GDI answer me.

<3

Looks like Scotty pulled a DaveP.  Healed up, Scotty!

Oy. This is my legacy here. Hopefully not the same outcome for Scotty, it ended up putting me on the bench for a while.

5 miles easy this morning. 10k tomorrow, no idea how that will go.

Dave

Dave

delicate flower

<3