Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins are flying high!! (Read 11 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

So I'm still kind of sick, and DH caught it as well, so he was miserable most of the weekend.  BUT ... drumroll please ... my quartet won Audience Choice Award!!  Ok, we were the only ones in that category, so it's like winning your age group when you're the only one in it.  But hey, we won!!  Our actual scores were a little lower than last year, but I still had no voice, and we hadn't practiced in a couple of weeks because of my illness, so I'm not fussed at all.

And THEN ... drumroll please ... my chorus scored our highest EVER!!  The possible scores range from D to A, like in school.  We've always gotten C's, with the occasional C+.  This year we got a mix of C's, C+'s, and two B-'s!!!  We've never gotten B's of any sort since I've been in the chorus, so I am completely over the moon!!

Where's the dancing banana when I need it??? 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran 8 and 19 this weekend.  7-8 miles tonight.

Hope's Mom, congrats on the award!!!!  Feel better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - congratulations on doing so well this weekend, despite not being in full voice.  Sounds like you had some fun too.

Damaris - nice job with the TM miles this weekend.

AFM: warmer but wet today.  I'll do some miles later, but not sure when or where.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats on the B's, HsM.  Feel better.

Hi Docket and Ginny.

Yesterday I ran 8 (group run) when it was 30* in the morning, then it went up to 70*.  Today it's snowing and I'm taking a RD.

Is anyone familiar with the Charleston Historic District?  We will be there next weekend and i want to run at least once.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - it sounds like your weather is even weirder than ours this week.

I ended up with 6 on the TM.

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, glad you got some dry miles.

Jerry, nice job.  No idea about the area, sorry.

7, with the first half on the TM and the end outside.  It was hot, but not hot as balls.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Congrats, HsM!

I did a crazy difficult interval workout in the pool.  Now I know I can get my heart rate up there if I really want to.