Beginners and Beyond

HumpDay WednesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

Good Morning Runners!

Interval Day here. 9mi w 8x800 (2:00 JR) Target 3:00

Splits: 3:06 (wake up!) 2:58, 3:00, 2:56, 2:59, 3:00, 2:59, 2:59

Tough workout for sure. 5k pace is feeling easier every time I do these 800s so I think thats a good thing. My legs are shot though. Only a couple more Q workouts to go before taper. Really looking forward to it...I promise I won't get the crazies .

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

delicate flower

'Morning! 2800 yard swim done this morning. I am now sitting in jury duty for the rest of the day. I don't know why people complain about this...a paid day off to sit on my ass and do nothing all day.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Much as I don't want to, I may need to upgrade my Garmin... it periodically shuts off and back on again mid-run, except it doesn't delete the activity or anything, it just moves back a couple of minutes or a quarter mile.  Strava has the correct distance, but not the correct elapsed time -- it somehow added ten minutes there instead of one and a half -- and I am super lucky that this has never happened in a race.

Anyway.  7.35 (or 7.15 if you ask my Garmin).

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

oldfartrunner

Morning Runners, Smile

Thinking 6-8 later.

Jay: Nice work!

Blue: Can't have that. Sad Nice run.

Baboon: I think it's because they pay you minimum wage and make you have take a PTO off from your regular job. At least that is how they do it in AZ. They can also require to serve months at a time.  Pretty well sucks if you get that one. But you can weed yourself out by acting crazy and saying crazy stuff-I've heard. ...Nice swim.

bluerun

Super B****

I finally have a finish time for Sunday's race... and they had so many photographers, and the photos are all free, and I found this one that I love because I AM ON TOP OF THE WORLD.

chasing the impossible

oldfartrunner

I finally have a finish time for Sunday's race... and they had so many photographers, and the photos are all free, and I found this one that I love because I AM ON TOP OF THE WORLD.

Nice pic Blue!  Glad you are doing better! 

LRB

Blue: Can't have that. 

Seriously. Once is one too many.

bluerun

Super B****

I just found a 630 for under $250 (without the HRM, because, well, I already have one).  UGH I DO NOT WANT TO BUY A NEW WATCH.

chasing the impossible

Nice pic.

8 miles w/8x2min as per Coach O's instructions.

Dave

LRB

I just found a 630 for under $250 (without the HRM, because, well, I already have one).  UGH I DO NOT WANT TO BUY A NEW WATCH.

How many fitness watches do you have anyway, like 6?

bluerun

Super B****

How many fitness watches do you have anyway, like 6?

The vivofit doesn't count.  Two FR70 (one is half dead, so I didn't change the dead battery), 310, 910, 620.  That's not a lot!  And I DO use them all, so there's that.  I just stopped buying them after I got the 620 because it was everything I wanted.

chasing the impossible

zzyzx

I hate Jury Duty because I know I'll never be selected for a trial.

Abs, vertical chest, torso

Exercise bike hill setting level 13  30 m 10.05 miles. This endless cold is really getting to me. I feel so out of shape.

oldfartrunner

Interesting read over on Lets Run about the U of I study about excessive exercise time of white guys.

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=8499699

I liked this part:

I realize that the Masai are not white, but they are an excellent example of how arterial plaque does not necessarily lead to disease (Masai have very low rate of heart attacks):

Atherosclerosis in the Masai. Am J Epidemiol 95: 26–37, 1972.–

"The hearts and aortae of 50 Masai men were collected at autopsy. These pastoral people are exceptionally active and fit and they consume diets of milk and meat. The intake of animal fat exceeds that of American men. Measurements of the aorta showed extensive atherosclerosis with lipid infiltration and fibrous changes but very few complicated lesions. The coronary arteries showed intimal thickening by atherosclerosis which equaled that of old U.S. men. The Masai vessels enlarge with age to more than compensate for this disease. It is speculated that the Masai are protected from their atherosclerosis by physical fitness which causes their coronary vessels to be capacious."

LRB

The vivofit doesn't count.  Two FR70 (one is half dead, so I didn't change the dead battery), 310, 910, 620.  That's not a lot!  And I DO use them all, so there's that.  I just stopped buying them after I got the 620 because it was everything I wanted.

You may or may not like the 630. It's slimmer, the usable watch face area is bigger, it will give you the weather, it gives notifications from your phone, and it doesn't try to acquire a satellite when you remove it from the charger (that always annoyed me with the 620, well the one I had anyway). Having said that the 620 alerts were louder, the vibration much stronger, and I could actually see the data on the damn watch face. So I miss my 620. Blah.

bluerun

Super B****

You may or may not like the 630. It's slimmer, the usable watch face area is bigger, it will give you the weather, it gives notifications from your phone, and it doesn't try to acquire a satellite when you remove it from the charger (that always annoyed me with the 620, well the one I had anyway). Having said that the 620 alerts were louder, the vibration much stronger, and I could actually see the data on the damn watch face. So I miss my 620. Blah.

I DO NOT WANT THAT.  The only thing I like about the 630 that the 620 doesn't have is that the backlight can turn on when I rotate my wrist.  But I want a running watch to be just a running watch, not something that can bombard me with notifications.  (Yes, I know I can turn that off, but then what's the point in upgrading?  Oh, right.  Mine keeps crapping out.)

Shouldn't the 640 be coming out sometime soon??  (Or 645, or whatever the hell number they're going to use.)

chasing the impossible