Beginners and Beyond

Sunday, February 14 (Read 41 times)

LRB

Also known as another reason to ESU Day.

LRB

It's another cold one here (currently 6), but I have no desire to run on that belt again, like zero. I just might head out depending on how I feel after coffee, we'll see.

How about you?

bluerun

Super B****

Taking a DNS today not because it's cold (it is) but because surprise surprise, my useless shit of a body strikes again.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hip Redux

-15 air temp and -a billion or something wind chill.  I couldn't get my sunroom-turned-exercise den to get above 34 degrees this am with the space heater so eff that shit, I'm still in my PJs watching TV.

Half Crazy K 2.0

9, feels like 3. The wind died down overnight, so it didn't seem awful when I walked down the driveway for my paper. Meaning, it wasn't take your breathe away cold, just cold. I have my running clothes in the dryer right now, so at least I will start out nice & warm.

Bluerun, hope you heal up.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Hmm sounds cold.

Pardon me while I head out to a trail long run at a pleasant 60F.

delicate flower

Happy Valentines Day, my sweethearts!  Current temperature reading outside is FTS.  I hit the gym treadmill early this morning to beat the crowds.  I was three miles in before someone got on another machine.  13.5 miles done in 1:40 at 7:24 avg pace.  10 minute w/u, 4 x 5 minutes at 6:45 pace with 1 minute recoveries, 40 minutes moderate, 4 x 5 minutes at 6:45 pace with 1 minute recoveries, 2 minutes easy.  5 shot Americano for recoveries.

ETA:  This was my longest treadmill run in exactly two years.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Happy Valentine's Day!

It was windy as fuck (20mph actual and gusts in the 30s) and my cough was annoying so I took the chip off and ran 19 miles on the marathon course. Not a bad workout but I am glad I did not continue the course.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh and hubby ran the HM in 2:33. Very nice for a warm and no shade (and windy as fuck) course.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

-15 air temp and -a billion or something wind chill. 

Pretty much the same here. Geeeeeezus. 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8.3 with the last 6 at MP, but I didn't mean to.  I felt good, so I just cruised.  It didn't hurt my confidence any when I got home and looked at the pretty numbers.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

onemile

21:06 for my 5k.  I finally beat the girl who always finishes in front of me and ran a 19:58 at the last one but I still finished 3rd AG and 5th OA because a couple new ladies showed up.

21:06 for my 5k.  I finally beat the girl who always finishes in front of me and ran a 19:58 at the last one but I still finished 3rd AG and 5th OA because a couple new ladies showed up.

Still a nice time under those conditions. Congrats on the AG placing! Helps your point totals, right?

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

DAMN YOU GARMIN!!!!

I would've had 20 miles this morning, it was only 25 degrees with a feels like 19 so I did the 3.2 mile (hilly) loop with a few roads added in. Things were going fine until around mile 12.3 when my garmin suddenly said "Low Battery".........

I ended up making it to 16 miles this morning, at least I got over 15.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Still a nice time under those conditions. Congrats on the AG placing! Helps your point totals, right?

Well it pretty much maintains my spot.  Even though I beat the regular 2nd place girl - she has run 2nd place for four of them already so I don't really have a chance to catch up, especially since I still only get points for being 3rd (and she got 4th).

But! I went into this with the plan of maintaining my spot. Beating her was a bonus.