Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: There's One In Every Work Place.... (Read 73 times)

runmomto3boys

B-Plus: Yay!!!!   Congratulations on registering!!!!

Hilary: I'm sorry about the test.  Boo.

LRB

LRB - I don't trust any products for human consumption with "balls" in the name. Nice workout!

Supp B!

I actually don't know if those are available or not.  The little boy in me just loves any chance to use the word balls in a sentence!  Big grin

Sarah, good luck with the HM!

Phil, I hope that PT goes well.

DCDan78, enjoy the five-miler.

scottydawg, how cool that you were able to run the 5K route! I'm sorry to hear about your niece. My condolences to your family.

Mitch, awesome easy five.

Heidi, have fun with the eleven at GA tonight.

Dan_The_CPA, good luck at the ortho's.

FreeSoul87, have a refreshing rest day.

Rick, nice run with intervals.

Kay, sweet three-miler. Great pace.

Beth, great job swimming this morning. Enjoy your run. And brava registering for Chicago.

Hilary, you have the results of your exam already? Great job with the hills.

Nevrgivup

Basya-My program is online and the tests are graded automatically.  Many times the professors do adjust so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Not sweating it too much. I will see what I did and learn from it. It was a lot of content and just happy I did what I did. We are graded on both exams, papers, and clinical so not going to stress. I just need to pass to get my degree.  I'm almost halfway there. Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Good luck, Hilary!

Ack! In ten days, I'll have crossed that finish line.

6 miles at lunchtime. A fun one! Temp of 26 degrees / feels like 10 at the start; 23/7 at the finish. And I think the windchill only included the average winds of 26 mph, not the gusts up to 45. Although still beats the treadmill for my money. 

Did not quite feel 100%, but not too bad; I think still recovering a bit from Sunday. Nagging calf stiffness, but glad to get the miles in. 

Dave

B-Plus

Wow, I didn't realize your marathon is so soon. When do you leave?

Good luck, Hilary!

Docket_Rocket

It took me 1 hour and 22 minutes but I'm in as well.

Shirfan (from yesterday) - The elimination of the penny has been pretty much a non-event for me, except I did have one coffee shop ask for 2.65 for a 2.65 bill when I had exact change. First of all, they should obviously round down, and secondly, my understanding is that you don't round when pennies are available.

LRB - I don't trust any products for human consumption with "balls" in the name. Nice workout!

Basya - Forced socializing? Lol, I think I know what you mean.

Scotty - I'm very sorry for you and your family.

I just registered for the Chicago Marathon. Gotta get training now!  I'll try for 10-11 miles tonight, but I'll take what I can get!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Woot!

Good luck, Hilary!

Hilary, sorry about the test.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I ran 10 miles on the TM.  I can't say that I loved it.  I can say that it's done.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Ric-G

scotty - really sorry to hear that, a real shame.

completed 6x1 mile @7:30 pace. with 2.5 easy.

marathon pr - 3:16

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Just got back from PT.

Learned a lot about my body. My hips are externally rotated, and my femur is too far forward in my hip socket. I am quad dominate and my quads are significantly stronger than my glutes. My hips are weak, and tight, especially my gluteus medius. My calves are ridiculously tight (yeah knew that) and it does not allow for enough ankle flexibility, so since my foot can't flex up (dorsiflex) enough when I land, it rotates in leading to my overpronation. So the combination of the wonky hips and tight calves put a LOT of stress on my ITB when I run, and this issue was inevitable.

He spent an hour and a half evaluating me, adjusting me, stretching me and I already feel so much better. I can't wait to go back! I am going to go for the next few weeks and he is going to give me a home program next time I go, which is Thursday night!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

B-Plus

RMTB - Thanks! I'm excited now? When you heading out? Maybe we can virtually run together since I'm running the same ::creepy::

DR - Wow, that took a long time. I actually started my registration process about 5 min before it was supposed to open, and it did take a few minutes to process. Glad you got in!

Ball of Fury

Hi all!  Nice job on the runs everyone!  I swear someday I will be a good poster and do personals!  I had the most fabulous speedwork session this afternoon!  I had taken the day off so DH and I could meet a friend at the track but since DS was sick, I had to take him to the doctor to get steroids for his croup.  So, I ended up going to the gym instead of the track (just wasn't up for the 20 mph wind thing by myself!).  I did 2 mile warm-up, 6 x 800 @ 7:13/mile (actually did the last one @ 7:09/mile) with 400 recoveries and then a 1.5 mile cool-down for a total of 8.  I just felt really strong the entire time and never felt like it was a struggle...yay!  Then I did my PT exercises and stretches like a good little girl!  Hope everyone is having a great day!

Scotty:  I am very sorry to hear about your niece!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Me too and immediately, the site went down.  And down.  Down again.  I refreshed more than 100 times.  Very frustrating.

RMTB - Thanks! I'm excited now? When you heading out? Maybe we can virtually run together since I'm running the same ::creepy::

DR - Wow, that took a long time. I actually started my registration process about 5 min before it was supposed to open, and it did take a few minutes to process. Glad you got in!

Damaris

Fundraising Page