Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: There's One In Every Work Place.... (Read 73 times)

B-Plus

I decided to race in the Saucony ProGrid Ride 5s. While I wear Vibrams at work all day, and love how the Altra Intuition 1.5s feel, I'm concerned about running all 26.2 hilly miles in zero-drop shoes. I've already placed the socks, shoes, underwear, clothes, Camelbak, waist pack, gels, and supplements in my suitcase. Ditto for jewelry, makeup, toiletries, and dress flats. I'm almost done packingSmile

Ab work is done. My backpack is ready for tomorrow morning, so that I'll be able to just roll out of bed and go to the gym. I have to do five miles at marathon pace.

Sounds exciting! You're going to have such a great time! The old Ride was my first marathon shoe!

Better I Leave

Evening everyone. I trust we all had a nice day, yes? No running outside for this kid today. Snow...listening to the scanner at work we counted at least 2 dozen accidents due to road conditions.

An easy 2 miles on the TM along with a lifting session of heavy squats and arms. Now I'm off for the moment...Anyone in the mood for a nice homemade tomato bisque, steamed broccoli, and quinoa for dinner tonight? Pull up a chair folks. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Getting ready, I see!  Very excited for you!

Good move, BruceD555.

outoftheblue, I'm glad that your legs are refreshed.

Beth, veeery nice. I hope that 8:27 will be my HM pace someday.

Scott, great pace. Thanks for posting your question about tempo pace. I didn't know how to calculate it; I just went with the pace stated in the plan:/

Heidi, while I'm impressed, I thought that you'd try to behave yourselfWink

Fuzzy, nice run. I had a nasty cold when I began marathon training. Coughing. Sneezing. Runny nose. Good times. Feel well soon.

Rick, thanks for explaining what tempo pace is.

Shari, that sounds like a lot of fun!

Dan_The_CPA, I'm happy that there's something you can do to help your leg feel better.

I decided to race in the Saucony ProGrid Ride 5s. While I wear Vibrams at work all day, and love how the Altra Intuition 1.5s feel, I'm concerned about running all 26.2 hilly miles in zero-drop shoes. I've already placed the socks, shoes, underwear, clothes, Camelbak, waist pack, gels, and supplements in my suitcase. Ditto for jewelry, makeup, toiletries, and dress flats. I'm almost done packingSmile

Ab work is done. My backpack is ready for tomorrow morning, so that I'll be able to just roll out of bed and go to the gym. I have to do five miles at marathon pace.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page