Beginners and Beyond

Saturday - I'll take the 5th (Read 44 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning and good luck racers of the day!

30 min of the elliptical.  Yesterday's short jog wasn't a great idea.  The foot was pretty sore last night.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good morning everyone.

I can already see that trying to give Jetta her medicine is going to be a task in itself........ she eats so daintily and carefully, even if I hand her a chunk of like hotdog, cheese or even those pill pocket thingies for dogs... she will drop it first and just carefully eat it - which is also how the pill falls out 

And she is getting feistier, and Rocky is not helping it...... he's missing his playmate which is strange since she is always kicking his ass. These are going to be some rough, rough 6 weeks.............. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Shit, I'll take a fifth. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My girl last night at bedtime.... I think we need a king size bed.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Cyberic

Ran 8.5 or so. Sucks about the foot PR.

I wish Docket and LRB a great race, and Baboon a great race or run or jog or whatever he decides to make it.

LRB

1:32:59 according to my little doohickey.

That's about four and a half minutes off my PR, but it really wasn't as awful as it appears. It just took way too long for the pace to match my effort, which I attribute to my stupid decision to only run a mile for a warmup after discussing it here the other week. That shit doesn't work for me, I knew it and I blew it. That will never happen again. My warmup for a half is 3 miles, period. It might sound stupid but it works for me.

Aside from that, I thought I held it together mentally pretty good. I thought I had a chance to average a sub-7:00 for the last 10 miles, but the back half of this course seemed to climb slightly more than it stayed neutral.

I suppose I should've ran to pace to combat that, but I was running by effort, which didn't change much once I found a groove.

01 - 7:22

02 - 7:08

03 - 7:01

04 - 6:58

05 - 6:59

06 - 6:51

07 - 6:52

08 - 7:00

09 - 7:09

10 - 7:13

11 - 7:18

12 - 7:18

13 - 7:14

It's certainly not what I had hoped for, but Imma go with the glass half-full on this one. It's a pretty solid effort considering I really didn't want to be here...well I did when I registered, then somewhere along the line, I didn't.

#idiot

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good job LRB,  was the weather beautiful?

PRs

Cyberic

Nice job, LRB. Looks like a good race to me.

Your 3 mile warmup thing doesn't sound stupid. It is what it is. I think I read something like "know thyself" somewhere...

Zelanie

Congrats on pulling it together for a solid effort after a tough start, LRB!

FS, if you have to, put the pill in the back of her throat, hold her mouth closed, and blow into her nose until she swallows.

I realized when I logged last night's run that I was still only supposed to do 11 with 9 MP.   That last MP mile last night felt awesome though.  I felt ready.

LRB

Good job LRB,  was the weather beautiful?

Wonderful. 38 with no wind. And I was drenched afterwards, like, soaked!

LRB

Nice job, LRB. Looks like a good race to me.

Your 3 mile warmup thing doesn't sound stupid. It is what it is. I think I read something like "know thyself" somewhere...

Yep, I over-thought it. 

To be clear though, it had no bearing on the end of the race, just the first 3 miles, especially the first one. I almost quit when I saw that 7:22, I was running way faster than that!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

She's gonna hate me for that lol.

PRs

onemile

Bruno will eat a pill if I just set it in his dog food bowl!  One weird thing that worked for Mayzie was putting it on a spoon in some peanut butter. She would just lick the spoon and somehow swallow the pill without even knowing that she did. Worth a try..

onemile

1:32:59 according to my little doohickey.

That's about four and a half minutes off my PR, but it really wasn't as awful as it appears. It just took way too long for the pace to match my effort, which I attribute to my stupid decision to only run a mile for a warmup after discussing it here the other week. That shit doesn't work for me, I knew it and I blew it. That will never happen again. My warmup for a half is 3 miles, period. It might sound stupid but it works for me.

Aside from that, I thought I held it together mentally pretty good. I thought I had a chance to average a sub-7:00 for the last 10 miles, but the back half of this course seemed to climb slightly more than it stayed neutral.

I suppose I should've ran to pace to combat that, but I was running by effort, which didn't change much once I found a groove.

01 - 7:22

02 - 7:08

03 - 7:01

04 - 6:58

05 - 6:59

06 - 6:51

07 - 6:52

08 - 7:00

09 - 7:09

10 - 7:13

11 - 7:18

12 - 7:18

13 - 7:14

It's certainly not what I had hoped for, but Imma go with the glass half-full on this one. It's a pretty solid effort considering I really didn't want to be here...well I did when I registered, then somewhere along the line, I didn't.

#idiot

You kept within a fairly close range for your splits though.  I like between 1.5-1.75 miles WU. 

onemile

I ran 5