Beginners and Beyond

Another Windy Penguin Weekend (Read 9 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

Thunderstorms are around, but it looks like they are going to miss us. The wind, OTOH, is supposed to stick around for the next two days. It should cool things off, at least. I have six today. I may head to town to let the houses block some of it.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I have an RD.

Ginny, enjoy your 6.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I ended up on the TM. We walked Ben in a light rain, then I waited for it to stop.  It didn't.  We had short breaks followed by downpours. The sky stayed black and threatening. Then the wind picked up and the temp. dropped so I finally figured out that even if it did stop raining, I didn't want to be out there. Oh well.

Docket_Rocket

I ended up on the TM. We walked Ben in a light rain, then I waited for it to stop.  It didn't.  We had short breaks followed by downpours. The sky stayed black and threatening. Then the wind picked up and the temp. dropped so I finally figured out that even if it did stop raining, I didn't want to be out there. Oh well.

Whatever makes you do your workout in the best environment is all right with me. If it's the TM, that is OK!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Cold and windy here, but not too bad for my long run once I got warmed up.   I did 12.5 miles.

Docket_Rocket

Nice run, Ginny!

Ran 6 on the TM and felt great throughout.

Damaris

Fundraising Page