Beginners and Beyond

Runner forfiets race over bib number (Read 191 times)

Just so long as there isn't a cup involved. Shocked

I never found that deal. I looked once and then lost interest.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Yeah, the Bible is pretty clear about it.

Leviticus 20:13

New International Version (NIV)

13 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

I would refer you to this this website:  http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.org/biblical_evidence/leviticus.html

Although, you might want to start clear back in chapter 18.  Or you can just take 2 sentences, and do what you did here.  That's up to you.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SusanRachel

Sorry to say with my integrity and faith being called into question and especially while I am currently deployed, I do not have the mental energy to withstand yet another assault.  I have to keep my head in the game here and my "play time" on the internet has to be relaxing and fun, not stressful and anxiety-provoking.  I am bowing out of this thread and will take a break from the forum for a while.  I wish you all the best.

SR

happylily

I'm sorry to hear that, Susan Rachel. I know that you and I believe in different things, for the most part, but there is so much about you that I would want in me... I've always looked up to you for your bravery and intelligence. That will never change. Stay safe and come back when you feel like it. We will miss you until then.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just so long as there isn't a cup involved. Shocked

A Diva cup?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm sorry to hear that, Susan Rachel. I know that you and I believe in different things, for the most part, but there is so much about you that I would want in me... I've always looked up to you for your bravery and intelligence. That will never change. Stay safe and come back when you feel like it. We will miss you until then.

+1

Damaris

happylily

A Diva cup?

I didn't get that either... must be my old age, or the fact that I'm an innocent. Big grin

obiebyke

I didn't get that either... must be my old age, or the fact that I'm an innocent. Big grin

Nah, not old. A Diva cup is an alternative to tampons and pads.

T-Rod, I looked it up once, too. When it didn't come up on my first search, I decided that was more than okay. Sounded grooooss.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

SR, since I'm the one who called "BS" on your story I guess I'm the culprit for "questioning your integrity".  However, after reading what you wrote about it as well as my own experiences and the experiences of others I think either: 1) You don't know all of the pertinent facts to the situation 2) It is a very isolated incident and is not the 'norm' but far from it.

As for "questioning your faith", that I read, no one here has done that.  You are free to believe what you want to believe as well as everyone else.  However, if your (or anyone's) belief denies others their belief or rights then there is a problem.

You people have issues 

Love the Half

Here's my thing.

Whether or not I support the right of same sex couples to marry should have no relationship on whether I think sexual orientation is a choice or not.  I don't support the KKK.  I do support their right to say whatever they want to say.  I don't agree with the Fred Phelps gang.  I do support their right to hang out on the street and protest and I firmly believe that the government has an affirmative obligation to protect them while they spout their agenda.

I may think that homosexual behavior is a sin.  That is irrelevant.  The question is not what I personally think.  The question is whether or not the government should issue them a marriage license.  You may get married in a church but that is irrelevant as to the legality of your marriage.  That is determined exclusively by the government.

Thus, I am puzzled about why anyone has a problem with same sex marriage.  Marriage, in the United States, is and always has been exclusively secular.  You can huff and puff about that to your heart's content but that doesn't change the fact that the legal relationship is only determined by the government.  Your opinion or the opinion of your particular interest group as to the validity or invalidity of any particular marriage is irrelevant.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Agreed.  Freedom of speech isn't needed to protect popular speech.  It is there to protect those that the majority would silence.

I actually see my bond to my wife as a spiritual bond based on our personal beliefs.  Then, there is the legal marriage.  The spiritual marriage cannot be undone by man, the legal one is an issue decided by the courts.

I don't see how a government can offer legal marriage to straight Americans and deny it to gay Americans.  Now, if a church doesn't want to perform a ceremony, that's up to them.  Someone else will.

Here's my thing.

Whether or not I support the right of same sex couples to marry should have no relationship on whether I think sexual orientation is a choice or not.  I don't support the KKK.  I do support their right to say whatever they want to say.  I don't agree with the Fred Phelps gang.  I do support their right to hang out on the street and protest and I firmly believe that the government has an affirmative obligation to protect them while they spout their agenda.

I may think that homosexual behavior is a sin.  That is irrelevant.  The question is not what I personally think.  The question is whether or not the government should issue them a marriage license.  You may get married in a church but that is irrelevant as to the legality of your marriage.  That is determined exclusively by the government.

Thus, I am puzzled about why anyone has a problem with same sex marriage.  Marriage, in the United States, is and always has been exclusively secular.  You can huff and puff about that to your heart's content but that doesn't change the fact that the legal relationship is only determined by the government.  Your opinion or the opinion of your particular interest group as to the validity or invalidity of any particular marriage is irrelevant.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Mmmmm...beer

A Diva cup?

A diva cup is better, way better lol (so sad that I even know what a diva cup is).  You, lily and tomas are lucky that you were not able to find it, and should never seek it again. Tight lips

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

catwhoorg

Labrat

A diva cup is better, way better lol (so sad that I even know what a diva cup is).  You, lily and tomas are lucky that you were not able to find it, and should never seek it again. Tight lips

Truer words have rarely been spoken.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

happylily

Now you have me really curious...

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm fimiliar with the video, and the diva cup.  Which are you curious about?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost