Beginners and Beyond

Time to sign up for 2017 in 2017 (Read 48 times)

Zelanie

You know you want to be part of the fun for next year!  10 days left if you want to join a team.

Docket_Rocket

I am in!  I think...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

I am in!  I think...

You are. You signed up before I did.

Zelanie

I am in!  I think...

You are.  B&B is currently represented by you, me, DaveP, PR, Phil, Jerryb, Lauren, PAD, George, and some others who I'm not spotting who are probably offended now.  Plus of course some folks from other groups that you probably know.

Everybody else, there's still time to be part of the fun!

Zelanie

And stealth.rnr, but you never know when she might be stalking. Wink

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm in. I promise my goal is not sandbagging. I am trying less running and more strength training at least for the first part of the year.

Zelanie

I'm in. I promise my goal is not sandbagging. I am trying less running and more strength training at least for the first part of the year.

I actually think the scoring this year might discouraging sandbagging overall.

No more marathons

Are there new rules?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

less running 

Finally a sign of intelligent life around here.

Dave

I still haven't figured out the scoring from 2016. 

Dave

Zelanie

Are there new rules?

In the 2017 group, we posted scoring explanations with the actual formulas.  I don't think the sandbagging one is new as much as we didn't know how it was going to work until we got there.  Once somebody reaches their yearly goal, they no longer have a weekly goal.  But, they're still included as a team member for the purposes of calculating the percentage of team members reaching their weekly goal.  This puts a team at a disadvantage for getting those two points.

The nice thing is, as we go deeper into the playoffs, we would expect even non-sandbagging players to reach their goals.  For the playoffs, the 2 points will almost never make a difference, so it's not going to make the scoring all weird for the finals when a lot of players will have reached their goals.

Once somebody reaches their yearly goal, they no longer have a weekly goal.  

Wasn't that the case for 2016? I just know that I way sandbagged, and when I hit my goal for the year, the weekly goal became zero.

But like I said, I never took the time to really understand all the rules. Left me time to run more miles.  

Dave

Zelanie

Wasn't that the case for 2016? I just know that I way sandbagged, and when I hit my goal for the year, the weekly goal became zero.

But like I said, I never took the time to really understand all the rules. Left me time to run more miles.  

Yes.  But we didn't really let people know at the time they were setting goals because that part of the system wasn't programmed yet.

Half Crazy K 2.0

If anything, I think if you are far ahead of your goal, it is easy to think "cool, I only need to run 12 miles to get the green highlight". Problem is, to contribute to the team number, you have to keep a consistent level of mileage.