Beginners and Beyond

Return of the Polar Vortex Tuesdailies (Read 48 times)

Morning!

Not even thinking about going outside.

Planned to get back into some speedwork, so went for it on the treadmill. For lack of anything better, I went with the Hansons week 1 workout.

2 mi warmup, 12x400 w/400 recoveries, 1 mi cooldown, 9 miles total.

Pace of repeats should be about 5k, which based on my one datapoint is 6:56. But wanted to try pushing it, so set it for 6:40. I survived, but would not have been too excited if I had to do a 13th. And we'll see how I hold up with longer repeats next week.

Stay warm, people of the Great White North.

Dave

delicate flower

Hey there, little fellas!  Yeah...cold.  I didn't feel like dealing with the cold plus wind last night, so I reluctantly treadmilled.  40 minutes easy-ish (5.2 miles at 7:45 pace).  Back to the great outdoors today for more easy miles.  It feels good to be back to my usual run frequency, and the miles are building back up.  I'll probably be back to 50+ next week.

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Zilch for me again.  Headed to Nashville in a bit for some thumb surgery.  Let the healing commence.

Hope everyone has an excellent Tuesday.

Runner with a riding problem.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

BRRRRRR!!!

I really HATE cold weather!   San Antonio this morning is not as cold this morning - 31 degrees - as yesterday morning - 25 degrees - and compared to what most folks in the US have, we are pretty warm.   But for we South Texans, our average low around this time of the year is in the mid-40s and our highs are in the upper 60s.....we probably won't make it out of the 50s today.   I am FREEZING at 31 degrees...I can't imagine how all you REAL WINTER folks deal with all those more drastic lower temps!  I feel for ya!  Stay safe, stay warm!

Well, at least it will be sunny today, that's a blessing.  Plan on doing 3 - 4 miles after work, probably on trails at a local park.

THANK YOU MRS. ROBERT!  I got a nice card in the mail from Robert and his wife and family, plus a "Team TJ" wristband, which I am now wearing.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Zilch for me again.  Headed to Nashville in a bit for some thumb surgery.  Let the healing commence.

Hope everyone has an excellent Tuesday.

Hope your surgery goes well and the thumb heals quickly!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Even Scotty is getting cold. Everybody but me bah. Asthma is bad today but plan is to run 6 with 2 at MP. My dad is stuck in Dallas.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Zelanie, I have one of those balls. Love it!  For the PF and heel, OMG, it hurts!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

I slept in by about 15 minutes, but that won't stop me from getting my 8 miles in. It's almost 50 degrees, which means shorts weather.

LRB

'Sup!

Did 4 on the belt, got red cord at 1:00.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Weights tonight. If I ever get home. Morning commute is going on 2 hours and still not at work. I want an explanation from Baltimore city schools. I don't work for them, but my work follows them for inclement weather. All but 2 area schools opened today because it is snowing and the roads suck.

Cyberic

I slept in by about 15 minutes, but that won't stop me from getting my 8 miles in. It's almost 50 degrees, which means shorts weather.

You should not be allowed to brag about your perfect temperature like that. You should be banned from the forums.

Zelanie

Eric, it's nice here in Oregon too. Smile  I thought we weren't supposed to say vortex this year?

D- Good to know.  I am looking forward to it.

Anyway, I will run 6.5 after my meeting after work.

My new fitbit also thinks I am a penguin.  If you want to be friends, I think you can search it by email.  I am zelanie, and my email that I use for that is at comcast.net

B-Plus

You should not be allowed to brag about your perfect temperature like that. You should be banned from the forums.

I was so happy on my run. I almost forgot what it felt like to run when it wasn't raining after drowning in the wet stufff the last 2 days.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

It's 82 or 83 here today. I hope it's not too hot to do my 8 miles with 10x100 strides. Man, I will probably have drink some extra water when I get home.

See ya.

LRB

It's 82 or 83 here today.  

That's just cra cra.