Beginners and Beyond

Penguin Mondays are not good for cats.... (Read 23 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Awww.  Cute kitty!

PAD won, though.  By a second?  Hmmm, not sure now.

In any event, 6 and weights after my allergy shot.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Ooops...PAD was 1 minute ahead of me posting, so his thread is the one to use!    GO THERE!  GOOOD PENGUIN!

PADRunner

I killed it. I bow to the kitty!

RD & travel day for me today. Heading to California for The Breeders Cup at Santa Anita. Most of my miles will probably be on the TM this week.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning Scotty and D.

Rest day for me,  well sort of.  Unloading everything from our weekend trip.  I will be working on a race report today and hope to get it posted this afternoon with pictures.

I will say our FE and race was great.  Mitch, Traci, and Jimmy are nothing short of awesome friends.  If you EVER get a chance to meet them, DO NOT miss the opportunity.

Running for TJ because he can't.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I killed it. I bow to the kitty!

RD & travel day for me today. Heading to California for The Breeders Cup at Santa Anita. Most of my miles will probably be on the TM this week.

Well, thank you PAD!  Here's a Penguin treat for you...relax your feet in your new...

Penguin slippers....

From the Internet.

Morning! I desperately want to run today, but I ran yesterday so I should probably stick with the whole every-other-day-recovery thing I promised my stupid self I'd do. Yesterday was 3ish minutes jog/3ish walk, repeat x6, turned the last 3 minute jog into 5 for a total of just over 20 minutes and 2.12 miles run. Tomorrow marks 2 weeks post-surgery, I would be having my follow up appointment and getting the green light to start easy running if my surgeon were in the office, but he is not so I have to continue operating without clearance until next week :P

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all.  3 or so planned for today.  It is a beautiful day in NYC today so I might be tempted to do a bit more, but we'll see.  I'm a bit sore from yesterday because of course I didn't stretch appropriately after the race - just socialized 

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Have you guys read about cat circles?

Anyway, I want to run today, but might not get to since we have to go over to my MIL's house tonight.  Should be a good time, though!

Docket_Rocket

Have you guys read about cat circles?

Anyway, I want to run today, but might not get to since we have to go over to my MIL's house tonight.  Should be a good time, though!

I saw that.  Must try to prove them wrong.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hiya Pens.

This year I am really loathing Mondays.  The best part of today will be my 35 minutes run. Did I mention I don't care for Mondays? PAD and I are working on a possible FE.

Have fun today.

Singer who runs a smidge

Wow, some seriously awesome racing this weekend from the Penguins!!  I love reading about all the stories and races!  Not much going on in Hope'sHousehold today ... DH got a new phone yesterday, so he's more excited than words can tell.  Dusty is unimpressed.  I've been pretty diligent about doing some PT for my knees, and I can tell it's helping -- less pain than even a month ago.  Pondering the possibility ...

Docket -- Have a good 6, weights, and allergy shot!!

PAD -- have a good travel day, and enjoy the race!!

Robert -- waiting for the RR!!

scotty -- those slippers are AWESOME!!  

Lauren -- behave on your recovery, or it's going to stop going so well!!

sapf -- hope the soreness goes away on your 3!!

Zelanie -- I keep wanting to try the circles with my kitties, see if it works!!

Jack -- Yeah, Monday.  Blech.  Have a good run!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

obiebyke

Z, I have to try some cat circles! I love it.

Sore from tabata yesterday. I'm planning C25K W6D1 if it doesn't rain after work. 50s and rain is different from 70s and rain...

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

hog4life

Hi everyone, we had a great weekend with Robert, Angie, and TJ. Looking for some easy miles after work.

GinnyinPA

Scotty - love the cat penguin picture.  I assume today is a rest day?

Damaris - enjoy your six this evening.

PAD - have fun at the races.  Hope you get some running in.

Robert - enjoy the rest day.  Looking forward to the RR.  Sounds like everyone had a good time.

Lauren - I'm glad your recovery is going so well.

sapf - if you're stiff, that's all the more reason to get out and move.  Enjoy your three plus.

Z - have fun at your MIL's.  Special occasion?  Love the cat circles.  If you can't find a box . . .

Jack - I hope you and PAD manage your FE.  Enjoy your short run later.

HM - I"m glad the exercises are helping your knees.  Keep up the good work.

Obiebyke - hope you get your run in later.  I'm with you on the rain.  I don't mind if it starts raining while I'm out, but I hate heading out into a downpour.

AFM:  probably a RD, but I may do a few miles later if I don't get too caught up in errands.