Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies are for slacking. (Read 40 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I slogged through 3.3 miles, then called it a run.  I'm feeling old this morning.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

How many of you consider this YOUR day?  Cuz March 10 is International Day of Awesomeness!   Bring out your awesomeness today!

Nice run/walk after work yesterday in spite of the crappy weather San Antonio is having; this is our 3rd straight day of rain, which we badly need, but I could do without that accompanying 20 - 30 mph wind.  Never-the-less I felt pretty darn good out there and at least it was not a cold wind, the temp was around 70, although with this front it was darn humid as all get out.  Even so, I'd planned do to 3 but felt really good once I got going so ended up doing 4 miles instead.

Today, more rain and wind, but I will still get out there after work and get some miles in.  Once again, just play it by ear, letting how I feel determine how far I will go today.  Nice not to be training for anything, lol, just can get out there and do whatever I want.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

Good morning now!  How's everyone feeling this morning yeah that's great.

2200 yard swim this morning with the masters group.  Decent swim but I was feeling last night's tempo run.  Masters Coach told me I'm holding back and worrying too much about finishing the workout, I'm doing too many easy laps that do nothing, and I need to tire myself out more.  So yeah, he basically told me to stop slacking and work harder.  Heh.     WILL DO.

I've got a bike ride scheduled after work and riding outside would sure be nice, but the weather forecast is predicting a spin bike session.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey guys.

Thanks for the positive thoughts yesterday.  They appear to be working as I'm walking without limping today.  I'm pretty torn over trying to race on Saturday though.  Even if I can run by then, I don't know that it's worth risking an injury for a little tune-up race.  That said, I'm a runner, which means two things:

1) I want to race, and

2) I am dumb and will completely ignore my body and all forms of rational thought in order to run.

Pleasant...Sorry about the rough one.  At least you got some miles in.

Scotty...Glad you're enjoying your break from training and finding fun in just running what you feel like.  I'll keep my eyes open for my awesome!

Baboon...Sorry about the rough tempo last night.  It was probably your body's way of holding you back a little and setting you up to drop a big 5k PR this weekend.  As for the swimming, I kinda feel like if you're not drowning, you're doing it right.  I guess it's no different than sandbagging the first couple running reps when you're doing like 10 total.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

I ran 10.5.

It was an extremely difficult run and judging by how I felt those first couple of miles during the warm up, I probably should have delayed it by a day but I was committed.

What I am starting to see is that yoga has an incredible fatiguing effect on my legs and hips where running is concerned. It's really odd as you're not really doing anything except standing in them ridiculous poses, but somehow that shit hits you, or at least it does me.

Oh well, thank goodness I didn't look at my watch during any of it because I would have cut that bitch short and went home! As it is, I got 5 miles in at what ended up being marathon pace, but I ran it at a much tougher effort to get it.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

7 miles this morning, it was 60*, loving it!!!  Mouth is feeling fine, so that's good.  Still eating soft foods to be safe, but at least I can run. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

SIAR, no advice for you on if it's wise or not to race this weekend, but glad you're feeling better.

SRD today. My body is probably thanking me although my brain would prefer to run

bluerun

Super B****

45 minutes on the elliptical, AKA, mental training.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

International Day of Awesomeness?  I like that.

I have Pilates and 6 miles tonight. At the dentist right now.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

6 miles very, very, very slow, in 25-30 mph winds.

Dave

Mmmmm...beer

Motherfuckers!!!!  Just found out that the city got a grant and decided to do some "upgrades" at the park where my 100 miler is being held, they fucking PAVED about 30% of the course I'll be running!!!  Fucking idiots.  There was already a small paved portion of the course where it goes onto the Swamp Rabbit Trail (40 mile paved urban trail system that I love doing my long runs on), and that would have been fine.  If I wanted a road 100, that's what I would have signed up for.  Fuck.  I'll still do it, just needed to vent.

-Dave

My running blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

WE LEAVE FOR GRAND RIVERS TODAY!!!!! I am so excited, so freaking nervous, so excited, and extremely nervous. We'll be leaving right after lunch, and the dogs are coming with us so that should be fun. Rocky is good with long rides, Jetta is impatient and gets bored easily but this isn't her first long ride so we'll be fine.

I GET TO SUFFER THIS SATURDAY!!!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Motherfuckers!!!!  Just found out that the city got a grant and decided to do some "upgrades" at the park where my 100 miler is being held, they fucking PAVED about 30% of the course I'll be running!!!  Fucking idiots.  There was already a small paved portion of the course where it goes onto the Swamp Rabbit Trail (40 mile paved urban trail system that I love doing my long runs on), and that would have been fine.  If I wanted a road 100, that's what I would have signed up for.  Fuck.  I'll still do it, just needed to vent.

May I suggest a Hoka?  lol

In all seriousness, that sucks, both for your race and the authenticity of the trail itself.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Mmmmm...beer

May I suggest a Hoka?  lol

In all seriousness, that sucks, both for your race and the authenticity of the trail itself.

LOL

They claim that they did it to help preserve the area as a wildlife reserve, wtf???

-Dave

My running blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

D2, that sucks. I don't get how pavement is good for a nature preserve.