Beginners and Beyond

1.10 DAILIES (Read 43 times)

Will run for scenery.

Delete the clown, I think I'm going broody!

Hey folks.  I'm still trying to ease back into running w/o PF pain.  Did 1.3 miles on the TM yesterday.  So I'm up to 1.3 for the year.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

3.45mi w/ my track star pooch last night.  Tonight will be my first day on the road to 100 pushups using this free app I downloaded.  Wish me luck!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did run 10.2

car, meh. The check engine light came on again. It comes on from time to time. They cleared it as it is a minor code. But, I'm may take it to the dealer on Monday as I know what the issue is and it needs fixed. Will be expensive as it is an emission part and it isn't covered under the federal mandate. I'm getting a new car though so if it can get here quickly I won't have to spend the money. I will know by tomorrow when the new car will get here and that will guide my decision.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hiya.  Just made it back from court.  Forgot my Starbucks cup here so I will need to get my free coffee later than normal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

6.5 miles this morning - outside! - massage this afternoon - kyukido testing tonight. It was nice to get outside, since this may be my only outside run this week. Forecast calls for freezing rain and snow overnight, and while the idea of a 20+ mile long run on the TM is pure torture, the idea of slipping on ice and getting hurt worries me more.

Marjorie - My car's check engine came on during the really cold weather for about half a day, but then turned off. I think in my case there may have been ice built up on the sensor. Hope you get your new car before you have plunk the money down on a repair.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

6.5 miles this morning - outside! 

Hallelujah! Same here (except 6.1 for me). After prework treadmilling the last 3 days, what a relief to get back outside for a lunchtime run. And above freezing - I saw liquid water on the ground! Although a bit messy; even worse than running through slush is having it sprayed on you by a passing car. 

Have a great day everyone.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Take the rest day, Beth, you earned it! And hope your immune system can fight off whatever is trying to get to you.

Enjoy the yoga, Kristin!

That sounds like a busy lawyering day for you, Damaris. Sounds like you might need to get that run in to help you shed the day.  Good luck! Hope the kitties are all doing better now.

Congrats on your run, FreeSoul.  No place you and Rock can run to avoid those idiot drivers?  No parks you can go too that have paved running trails?  Maybe go to a local school that has a track?  Except that would probably bore Rocky to tears, running in circles...

scotty - how dare you sleep in til 6am.  lol, Ric.  Funny, that's what my wife said too, she was up at 5.  Congrats on your 7, and enjoy the soccer and football!  Wait..isn't soccer also football?

Good luck with your race tomorrow, SIAR! Will your friend be doing it too?  Or just be there to cheer you on?

Sorry about the foot, outoftheblue, hope that goes away quickly!  Maybe you should get a 2nd rooster, make the 1st rooster try harder with a little bit of competition. I don't know anything about keeping roosters...they wouldn't whack each other would they?

Well, at least you're running again, jj.  Hope that continues, and the PF goes away quickly for you!

Hiya John!  Don't think I have 'met' you yet.  Or maybe I have and just forget...stupid brain of mine...SIGH..it's hell getting old...good luck with the pushups!  Nice doggie in your avatar.  Is he (she?) Jack Rustle?

Hope your new car does get there, Marjorie, to save you some money!  Then that money you were going to spend on the old car, you can use to get new running shoes!  You can never have enough running shoes. 

Run outside and now freezing weather and ice again so soon?  Wow, Step, and I thought I had crazy weather; but at least with my 'cold' weather I can still run outside. 20M on a treadmill sounds very mentally painful!  Good luck with your belt test tonite!

even worse than running through slush is having it sprayed on you by a passing car.   Oh, YUK, DaveP!  That happens here a lot when we have rain, some drivers seem to have a thing for splashing runners and cyclists and walkers. But at least when we get splashed here, with our winter temps, it's not really COLD water like you're probably getting splashed with. Not fun.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Heck, I think Rocky would have more fun on a track than I would. No place early in the morning, I have to be back at the house by 7 AM at the latest and I don't feel like getting up earlier than 4:50 AM to run, besides.... most the "recreational" pathways are an out and back kind of thing (boring), the closest one to me is only 3 miles long while the one in Evansville is almost 7 miles long BUT I neither are even close to as hilly as the roads by my house, I am trying for more hills during my runs this year. The 3rd recreational pathway is all the way on the other side of Evansville, a 45 - 60 minute drive from my house, that area has monster hills but I would only really be able to run them in the late afternoon or evenings when the sun is up longer.

Congrats on your run, FreeSoul.  No place you and Rock can run to avoid those idiot drivers?  No parks you can go too that have paved running trails?  Maybe go to a local school that has a track?  Except that would probably bore Rocky to tears, running in circles...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Yugo8

Easy 9 miles during lunch.  Happy Friday, everyone.

How long is your lunch break?? (Or, how fast is your easy pace?) If I ran as long as I wanted to at lunchtime every day, I would definitely have trouble keeping my job....

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I barely have enough time to EAT LUNCH during my lunch break! Lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

I barely have enough time to EAT LUNCH during my lunch break! Lol

Me too.  It takes me longer to take off my suit and makeup to run than to have lunch, so my 30 minutes would be gone too quickly.  I wish I could work where nobody has to see me or smell me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yugo8

.  I work relatively long hours and can take as long I as want (well, within reason).  I am often at work until pretty late in the day and it's mostly about completing my work, so it appears to work okay for now.  (Not a morning person, at all.)

Yugo8

Me too.  It takes me longer to take off my suit and makeup to run than to have lunch, so my 30 minutes would be gone too quickly.  I wish I could work where nobody has to see me or smell me.

I can take off my suit, run 5 miles, shower, and put it all back on and be done in one hour, exactly.  Years of practice at previous job.

Docket_Rocket

I can take off my suit, run 5 miles, shower, and put it all back on and be done in one hour, exactly.  Years of practice at previous job.

WHAT ABOUT THE MAKEUP?  Men don't get it!

I am sure you have more than 30 minutes for lunch, though.  My issue is that I have court in the morning, 30 minutes lunch (if I can) and another set of court in the afternoon.  Plus its 100F at lunch time.  So you cannot make me!

Seriously, I wish I could run at lunch.  I would be able to do much more mileage.  Maybe when my TM gets ordered (ahem, husband), I could do some miles at lunch the only day I work from home.

Damaris

Fundraising Page